Windows 7 BSOD on hibernating in Windows 7

JohnGreek

Hello,
I run Windows 7 Home Premium x64 and I'm having BSODs when I put the machine in hibernation or in sleep mode with hybrid sleep activated (the latter means hibernation takes place along with sleep). Mind you I haven't had any other problems with my setup and I can use the sleep function without problems when hybrid sleep is deactivated.

In Event Viewer I get the following error messages:
Event 6008 "The Previous shutdown was unexpected"
Event 41 "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first"
Event 1005 "Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file"
Event 1001 "the computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000a0"

In the zip file I uploaded at GigaSize.com: Host and Share your Files , you'll find an analysis report of the memory dump file after BSOD when trying to put the machine in hybrid sleep mode named memdump.txt and an analysis report of the memory dump file after BSOD when trying to hibernate named memdump2.txt. These were generated by Microsoft's Debugging Tools for Windows (x64).

Also, after disabling auto-restart and enabling minidumps following instructions from Set MiniDump, my computer now generates minidumps that I also enclose in the aforementioned zip file. I used the WhoCrashed program which generated the following analysis

On Wed 12/05/2010 23:09:41 your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0xA0 (0x9, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000185, 0x1, 0x0)
Error: INTERNAL_POWER_ERROR
Dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\051210-25256-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

my computer components
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6420
M/B: GIGABYTE GA-P35C-DS3R rev. 1.0 (Intel P35 + ICH9R)
RAM: 4GB (4x1G) DDRII 800MHz
PSU: Seasonic S12-430 (430W)
HDD: Intel X25-M SATA SSD on 34nm (silver case) - FW version 02HD - msahci driver
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6600/256MB
TV: AVerMedia AVerTV Duo Hybrid PCI-E (A177)

You might want to try this command and analyze your system for power saving issues. Close any open programs you can then open a command window and type the following:

powercfg -energy

Hit enter and let it work. Make note of where the resulting file is stored. Open it and check it for problem areas as far as programs not being compliant and whether your system is capable.

Back