Windows 7 BSOD on new computer.

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41793, fffff68000037ff8, 200, 1ff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1ed59 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Hi Oliver,
Bugcheck 1A means a memory management issue occurred and can mean you have some faulty RAM. I noticed the crash occurred whilst Chrome was in use so please make sure the browser is updated.
Windows does have a memory testing app but it can miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86.
If you open the link below you'll see you can run Memtest86 in two ways. You can either burn it to disk or install it onto a USB drive it's entirely up to you. You'll then need to enter the bios to change the boot order so you can boot from either the Disk or USB stick you have Memtest86 on.
You must test for at least 12 hours unless it becomes obvious there is a problem straight away (you'll see errors outlined in red.
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
Post any new dump files.

Thanks for your quick response!! Chrome needed an update, can't believe I didn't think of that. Hopefully that was the issue. If not I will definitely be running Memtest86
Hope you have a great holiday!
<l:)

I don't me to bother you again but I did the memtest86+ and came back with a bunch of errors, so I am assuming some of my RAM is bad, only thing is that all 16G show up fine. I got about 3 BSOD just today. I just recently received another BSOD that said it was a "kernel Security check failure"
What I am wondering is if this is just a RAM issue or is there anything else I can do to resolve the problem.
attached is the minidump file

Attachments

• 120815-7062-01.dmp
    271.7 KB · Views: 346
Just an update for those in the future.....using memtest86+ I tested each RAM stick one at a time until I found the stick that was displaying errors.
I have Gskill 2133Mz and they have a lifetime warranty.....hopefully they will honor that.
Anyway would REALLY recommend the memtest86+ software to address RAM issues. I used the in house Microsoft memory test and it didn't even report one error. Hopefully it will be as easy as getting some new RAM in to address this whole issue.
Thanks again to the best admin on this website kemical! :)

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {5003, fffff58010804000, c5f, c61000183e}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1e46a )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Hi Oliver,
as you can see it's the same bugcheck which just backs up what Memtest86 discovered. I hope all goes well with the new RAM and if anything should crop up again just post back. (sorry i didn't reply sooner I was out last night..).

Back
Top Bottom