Windows 7 BSOD on Newly Upgraded Machine

fnf99

Hi, I just upgraded my LGA 775 machine to a new Sandy bridge i5-2500k/asus p8p67 pro/4gb ripjaws 1600mhz.

I was getting Bsod/restarts when i walked away. Maybe every few hours. After some other issues during program installs (some programs began to stop at random points of their installs and just sit there) I reinstalled windows 7. Was fine for a while but once again got another bsod with the same errors.

Attachments

• 011911-25365-01.dmp
    270.4 KB · Views: 408
Hi fnf99,

This driver:

RTCore64.sys Wed May 25 07:39:12 2005 belongs to RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner and has known issues with Windows 7.
Suggest to uninstall the program.

You have two AV programs installed. This can and will cause conflicts. Only ever have one AV program installed at a time.

PC Tools is known to be a cause of BSOD's on some Windows 7 systems. Uninstall PC Tools.

Your dump blames atikmdag, a Catalyst driver. Many people are having issues with Catalyst 10.12. See this thread.

It might be an idea to download and revert to one of the Previous Catalyst Versions. Download and install Driver Sweeper. Boot to safe mode and run Driver Sweeper to uninstall present Catalyst drivers. Install the "new" Catalyst drivers.

Avast has been known to be a cause of BSOD's on some Win 7 systems.
If Blue Screens continue I suggest that you uninstall Avast using the correct AV Uninstaller for your system until your issue is resolved. Download Link Removed due to 404 Error as its replacement. Make sure Windows firewall is enabled!

If blue screens persist post new dump files.

Important! Every thread starter please see.

Last edited:
Back