Windows 7 BSOD related to PCI.SYS

Gubby24

Hello,

I am using Windows 7 on a relatively new PC (built 6 months ago) and I've recently noticed some Crashes.
After some googling, I enabled the proper saving of minidumps and I looked at it with Blue Screen View and saw mentions of PCI.SYS

It also showed me that My previous crash was also related to PCI.SYS

My Radeon RX 570 GPU Drivers are up to date.
On the previous crash, without Blue Screen view I thought it was a sound problem, so I looked for a driver for the GPU HDMI Output and the Realtek onboard.
I see now, that was not the problem.

As per the forum guidelines, I am attaching diagnostic folder from W7F Diagnostic tool as well as screenshots from CPU ID Z.

I saw on this forum that with info from just the dump file, someone was able to offer and extremely pinpointed solution to a similar problem, so I am hoping mine is just as easy to find :)

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Diag files.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 255
Sooo can anyone help with what my real problem might be ?
Is the PCI.SYS indicative of a certain driver I should Update, or ?

Bump,

I would still like an answer to this.
If any of the advanced users can spare a few minutes to look at my files and maybe point me in the right direction, it would be awesome

Hey Kemical,

Thanks a lot for looking into my issue.
Ironically the PC didn't freeze / crash anymore since I've created this thread.. although nothing was changed since before the last crash.
Probably just Crash Shyness :D

I'll update the Chipset drivers, thank you for the recommendation.

If there's anything else I should be doing, any tests or stuff let me know. I'd really like to rule out any Physical Damage problem that would require me to replace my MoBo or other components.

If there's anything else I should be doing, any tests or stuff let me know. I'd really like to rule out any Physical Damage problem that would require me to replace my MoBo or other components.
Just keep the system up to date and you should be fine. If the issue returns though please post back.

Back