Windows 10 BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe

Removed the graphics card but still I got a BSOD :(. So, is it my HDD the root cause of my problems ?

Should install any other OS like Linux or Ubuntu and see if they also crash or not ? Or should I just replace my HDD ?

Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 154, {ffff81095f737000, ffffab01ec92e420, 2, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware_disk

Followup:     MachineOwner
The above bugcheck means the Store encountered an exception and looking at your drivers something odd is going on:

dxgkrnl dxgkrnl.sys Tue Apr 24 08:34:26 2029 (6F900902)
dxgmms2 dxgmms2.sys Fri Apr 21 09:13:25 1989 (244EE2A5)
fastfat fastfat.SYS Tue May 17 04:56:00 1977 (0DDE8ED0)
filecrypt filecrypt.sys Tue May 28 09:10:59 2030 (719E1813)

As you can see from the small sample i posted, something is amiss with the dates possibly down to corruption?

What's puzzling tho' is the fact that your scan with SeaTools gave it a pass.

A handy little tool is an app called Speedfan. It's mainly used to control your system fans but it also has a section which checks your drives SMART data and issues an online report about the health of your drive. I did mine as an example although I've not included the online report:
snip.JPG

I notice your using MSI's Afterburner which is known for causing blue screens in windows please remove to test.

The above dump file also blamed I/O errors:

Code:
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000006 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The required data was not placed into memory because of an I/O error status of 0x%x.
There is an I/O driver available on your support page which i did ask to be installed. I can't see it in the driver section so maybe you forgot (I do all the time)
Support For H110M PRO-VD PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global

Oh no I didn't forget the drivers this time.

Also I don't have MSI Afterburner installed, I have MSI LiveUpdate Utility.

Checking with speedfan now. Do you want me to post the SeaTools report ?

Attachments

• 1212.jpg
    1212.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 356
Here is the report of the test that I ran earlier today. Running the Long Generic Test again will post the results soon.

Edit : I just got a BSOD and while the computer was restarting it showed ' A disk read error occured ' I changed the SATA port and cable then it again booted normally.

Attachments

• post.JPG
    post.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 366
Last edited:
Well, the Long Generic Test failed, ran it 2 times failed both times. Here are the reports. So, is this conclusive enough that my HDD is the culprit ?

Attachments

• long generic fail.JPG
    long generic fail.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 392
So, is this conclusive enough that my HDD is the culprit ?
Yes I'd say so as everything else passed with flying colours when tested. Shame we didn't run the Seatools scan earlier but at least you know the rest of the system is solid. I would be interested to see the speedfan results if you plan on still running it?

Ok, so I noticed a pattern whenever I run the Long Generic Test on Seatools before a BSOD happens the test fails. But after the PC restarts from BSOD, then again when I run the Long Generic Test it passes.

Also, as I have already mentioned in my original post, that my PC works perfectly fine once it restrats after a BSOD until I shoutdown my PC, after shutdown whenever I turn on the PC again, I will encounter a BSOD my PC will restart then it will work fine.

Any idea what's going on ?

Attachments

• 11212.jpg
    11212.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 315
Can you get the non windows version of seatools and boot it from usb or cd. Would be good to know if the drive itself is at fault or something windows is doing.

Can you get the non windows version of seatools and boot it from usb or cd. Would be good to know if the drive itself is at fault or something windows is doing.

Well I tried that but SeaTools for DOS is unable to detect my HDD because my motherboard only supports AHCI mode and for SeaTools for DOS needs IDE/SATA mode to be able to detect the drive.

If you have any workaround for this problem I will be happy to test it out.

Why not try a chkdsk /r again as this also runs chkdsk /f :
chkdsk /r does the same thing as chkdsk /f only it also checks for bad sectors on the disk and recovers any readable information. Running chkdsk /r implies that also chkdsk /f is run.

Once you've done that try running SeaTools again and see if the error still appears.

Ran chkdsk /r after that performed the Long Generic Test on SeaTools still it failed. Here is the screenshot.

Attachments

• Show.JPG
    Show.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 358
Well to be honest I would trust Seatools more than the Speedfan result but I notice you do have another drive (HDD) .
One way of testing whether your drive is to blame is to do the same with the drive that's not a suspect and create a 100GB (150-200GB would be better but this only for testing so i leave it up to you) partition. Remove the suspect drive from the machine completely by unplugging the SATA cables and attach or plug in the test drive in it's place.
Install Windows to the partition and see how you go. If you don't blue screen then you other drive is knackered.. :)

Well, the other drive is an External HDD, so I don't know if installing Windows in it will be a good idea or not.

Your idea crossed my mind and I'm arranging for a separate HDD from a friend, will update you how that goes.

Again, thanks for your time and all the help, now I think I'm pretty closer to catching the culprit.

Back