Windows 10 BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I've installed Memtest on a USB drive and went in the BIOS to use the boot override so that it boots the USB drive instead of the OS drive, but the OS is still the one that is booted first. Do you know why ?

Ok understood. Remember the longer the better but at least 12hrs if you can manage it.

Apologies i missed your last post. Try installing memtest86 on the USB again as well as checking your boot options.

boot override so that it boots the USB drive instead of the OS
The 'boot override'? I'm not familiar with this term but basically you need to change the 'Boot order' so that the USB is first.

I'm not at my home at the moment and I don't really know how to explain my problem, so I'll take a picture of it to make it more clear once I come back.

In the BIOS, i've set the USB as boot priority as you can see on the picture, but the PC still boot normally...

Attachments

• Boot Priority.jpg
    Boot Priority.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 376
Well as long as you used the correct download from the memtest86 site it should work:
twat.jpg

I don't think that I have any disk that I can use, but I'll try to buy one when I have time, and I'll tell you if it works.

Ok cool.. I'm unsure as to why the USB method won't work for you although other users have said the same thing before now. Sometimes a user will have a problem running from either disk or usb but not both so it's worth trying the disk method.
I take it you've had no bsod's since running the scan? If that's the case I wouldn't bother running memtest86 unless you bsod again.
For the disk, which memtest do I need to use ?
The "Pre-Compiled Bootable ISO (.zip)" ?
Yes.

Well I didn't have any BSOD since the chkdsk but it happens randomly, so sometimes I don't have any BSOD for 2 or 3 days, then it happens again.
So I'm still going to run the memtest just in case it comes from the memory.

Hmm, just a thought and I don't want to interfere, but with all those bad sectors and hardware related crashes it won't be a bad idea to run seatools and check your disks....

Hmm, just a thought and I don't want to interfere, but with all those bad sectors and hardware related crashes it won't be a bad idea to run seatools and check your disks....
We already did.. :)

I think that it is a memory problem.
Yup that's bad memory alright. It's possible the resulting bsod's caused the corruption on the HDD but in any case you'll need to change that RAM. How many sticks are you running?

Back