Windows 7 BSOD whenever I'm playing Dota 2

agnatha

I've been having consistent BSODs whenever I'm playing Dota 2. So far I have only tried updating my graphics drivers and disabling all startup apps except the antivirus and steam app but the problem still persists. I really need help.

PS: I'm not much of a tech guy so I don't understand most terms and it would really help if you could instruct me step by step. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• LEOANTONIO-PC-Sun_06_07_2015_140427_57.zip
    3 MB · Views: 676
  • LEOANTONIO-PC-Sun_06_07_2015_140427_57.zip
    3 MB · Views: 277
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff8800f4e731c, 5, fffff8800f5cd600}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1fa31c )

Followup: MachineOwner

Hi,
I was a little puzzled by the dates on the dump files. The last one is dated December 20th 2014, did you mean to send more recent versions?

I checked through those that were sent and roughly half blame an Intel wifi driver. The dump files which followed then blamed Avast Av as the culprit followed by dump files for both Intel and Nvidia display drivers.

Personally I'd first remove Avast and install MSE as well as Malwarebytes. MSE is extremely stable and when coupled with Malwarebytes is a great way to protect your system. You also have some malware so run Malwarebytes as soon as it's installed.
{770f8173-dbeb-406e-bb39-f5f1a22362d8}Gw64.sys Fri Nov 14 21:34:45 2014-I found this in the driver stack and is malware usually tied to the browser.
http://www.herdprotect.com/c5e48979...ce06778ec8ef670244f072c209c1a7088535b06b.aspx

MSE:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-download
Malwarebytes
https://www.malwarebytes.org/

Checking your driver dates they don't look like the ones supplied by the manufacturer which could be causing the issue. Use the machines driver support page to install the drivers available. I found a link below but please double check it's correct for your machine:
http://www.msi.com/support/nb/CX61.html#down-driver&Win8 64

If you have any more up to date dump files then please post.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying Kemical!

When I used the W7F Diagnostic Tool it says "unhandled exception has occurred in your application." I did run it as administrator as it says in the instructions. (screenshot attached-Screenshot1)

So I used this one instead: dm log collector.exe (screenshot attached-screenshot2). The dump files I sent were from this one.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can post more updated dump files?
EDIT: I tried "Whocrashed.exe". I'm posting the rar file of the results.

I have also removed Avast and installed both MSE and Malwarebytes.

For the drivers, should I download everything and install them?

Attachments

• Screenshot 1.png
    Screenshot 1.png
    203.8 KB · Views: 333
  • screenshot2.png
    screenshot2.png
    3.6 KB · Views: 382
  • WhoCrashedOutput.rar
    3.4 KB · Views: 224
Agnatha did you run Malwarebytes? Also if you open the main Windows folder on the c drive, look for a folder marked minidump. Inside you'll find the dump files please zip these up and post.

As for drivers, yes please install the drivers found on the support page.

I dont understand why it keeps saying I need permission from Administrators? It is preventing me from zipping the minidump folder with recent dump files from 2015. Also I already ran malwarebytes

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 338
  • sadasd.png
    sadasd.png
    124.7 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
Well that was easy! Here you go, the minidump folder. Oh about the drivers, when I tried to install them it says that I have newer version of the drivers than the ones I was about to install. Should I still proceed?

Attachments

• Minidump.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 217
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 117, {fffffa8007312010, fffff880059745d4, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1405d4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
sorry it took a while to answer but been having a few issues myself.
Anyway your recent dump files are all for the Nvidia driver. Try downloading the version off the website, uninstall the version you have on now and then install the version from the support page.
I'd just do the gpu driver for now and see how you go.

Okay thanks but I've also been getting a "netwsw00.sys" BSOD what should I do about that one?
UPDATE: I just had a recent one with a dxgmms1.sys BSOD

Last edited:
Back