BSOD While downloading BitDefender.

Discussion in 'Windows 8 Blue Screen of Death (BSOD)' started by Windowsar, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Windowsar

Windowsar New Member

Hello,

Today while I was installing Bit Defender I had a BSOD "whea_uncorrectable_error"
    This happened while it was installing, I tried to uninstall/install it twice and same thing happened, Windows wasn't able to automatically fix it.

Root cause found:
    ---------------------------
    Boot critical file C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\bdelam.sys is corrupt.

Repair action: File repair
    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x2
    Time taken = 6750 ms

#1 Windowsar, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  2. kemical

kemical Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Hi,
    In order to help we need to read the dump files created when the machine blue screens we need to see your dump files (found in the Minidump folder which is in the main Windows folder). If you can't find the Minidump folder your machine probably isn't set up to create them. Make sure your settings are set like this:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter
    Click on the Advanced tab
    Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
    Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
    Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
    Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
    found later.
    Click and apply to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Please read the thread found here on what information we need and how to post it.
    http://windowsforum.com/threads/how-to-ask-for-help-with-a-bsod-problem.178480/