Windows 7 BSOD while playing Battlefield 3

Can you post the recent dump files please... Also you can run memtest86 from a USB drive too.

Okay, there u go, I have the USB but i don't know if I can burn it on, though...

Attachments

• W7F_18-05-2014.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 316
You'll find the auto installer on this page:
http://www.memtest.org/#downiso (5th download down)
This will explain on how to use it:

Can you also make sure your settings are like this:

Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press Enter

Click on the Advanced tab

Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button

Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked

Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box

Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump << where your .dmp files can be
found later.

Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

I installed memtest86 but when i go to the BIOS part and when i go to Boot device priority and 1st Boot device, i can't choose USB-ZIP file like shown in the video. BTW it's set in Removable dev.

It may not be called what the guy says in the vid but there should be something like it.

When i want to change it, I can choose 3 things. First one is Removable dev. and others are some weird words can't really remember, I think it was something like SATA, but dunno.

Have you tried removable device? If you can't get memtest to work then try this, remove all your sticks of RAM apart from one. See how you run, if the system does bsod then change sticks, try again and so on. See if there are any sticks where the system doesn't bsod.

I don't know, i might fuck up my RAM, I am not an expert doing these things, i just might look it up on Youtube :( But what is weird is that when i play Battlefield 3 and when BSOD happens it just freezes and it doesn't show any Blue screen, and it doesn't shut down automatically, i need to shut it down manually. Then when i restart it says a Blue screen error on the crash log, so i don't know what that all about, but anyway thanks for all the help! :D

From what you say it does sound like a heat issue can you use the app I specified above and check your temps when playing the game. Just run the app, start the game and then after a few mins of play or before a bsod alt-Tab out of the game and check the temps.

Okay, so i didn't got any BSOD, probably because i was alt tabbing to see the temps. So for CPU core 0# was 69C and core 1# was 65C, and for the GPU it was 77C. Played it for about 30 mins, no BSOD.

Ok, so I put 74C max for CPU in HWiNFO64 program, I hope i did it right lol. I passed the test with program you gave me. Is there anything else i need to do?

Okay so i runned the program for 1 hour, and there was no BSOD and highest temp for core 0# was 48C and for core 1# was 46C. I gtg now to school, and I have a test from English, wish me luck :p

Came back, thank you, I did it pretty good, so is there anything else I need to do? Or should I try playing the game?

UPDATED: Recently I was playing Battlefield 3, and I got another BSOD, I was playing at 1280x768 resolution this time and thought it will fix it, but apparently I was wrong.

BTW: Why when i put the resolution screen at 1280x720 I don't get 16:9 aspect ratio, when I was running outdated display driver for my PC I could get 16:9 but now with updated I can't it's just like 1280x1024 (4:3 which is standard, and I hate it in gaming) but alot worse, It's like extended i dunno. How can I fix this issue?

Last edited:
Normally you just right click on the desktop to change the resolution. Also can you post your most recent dump files. Your also going to have to consider on how your going to test your RAM either by removing sticks or running the app I suggested. Either that or a setting in bios is perhaps incorrect or your chip is faulty. The only way to determine this is to run tests..

There u go, but still i am kinda afraid if i do something wrong with the RAM, and memtest program just doesn't work for me, but i dunno.

Attachments

• W7F_19-05-2014.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 336
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80049ac8f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner

The WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR bug check has a value of 0x00000124. This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred. This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/windows/hardware/ff557321(v=vs.85).aspx

The only way you could possibly damage your RAM is by static electricity. If you turn the machine off, turn the power switch at the back to the off position (one by the PSU) but leave the machine plugged into the socket in the wall. This will ensure it's earthed. Remove the side panel and before you touch the RAM make sure your hands are clean and that you touch or hold the case sides for a second. This will effectively earth you and you won't have to worry about static.
The RAM itself is held in place by little lugs at each end of the RAM.Push these back and you can then pull the RAM stick out. Notice in which way it goes, you'll notice the actual RAM slot is divided up unevenly and the RAM has to fit correspondingly.
Now if you have any static bags around place the RAM sticks in that otherwise just place them on a hard surface away from any speakers. As I said above just use one and then go on from there. Good luck I'm sure you'll do great.

Back
Top Bottom