Windows 7 BSOD While using skype, Mumble, and while playing D&D Online.

rebel12340

Hello, I have been having problems with BSOD. It started with Skype a few months ago, which worked fine for months then suddenly I would get a Blue screen whenever I started a video call. Then just two days ago I went to use Mumble, which had also been working fine for months, and I got a Blue screen within ten minutes of opening it. Then just yesterday I got a Blue screen while I was playing D&D Online. I had played it the day before for hours without any problems, then I got on today, played for an hour, took a break, got back on and as soon as the game loaded the world, I got a blue screen. When I retried, I got a blue screen while the world was loading, then again 10 minutes into the game. Some help would be greately appreciated. I have uploaded the SF Diagnostic Files

Attachments

• Rebel12340.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 469
There are no memory dumps in your uploaded reports. Please check in C:\Windows\Minidump to see if there are any .dmp files there. If so, please zip them up and upload them with your next post.

MSINFO32 shows numerous BSOD's, primarily blaming your SoundTap drivers. Please un-install the SoundTap program and test to see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then try downloading/installing the latest Win7 compatible version of the program.

MagicISO is also blamed, so try uninstalling that.

Also, there are some issues with your graphics drivers - please follow this procedure to replace the current drivers: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure

You have a wireless USB device. Win7 doesn't like these devices and when coupled with older (Vista era) drivers will spit out BSOD's rapidly. Please un-install the software for this device and then remove the device from your system.

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).
Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): [DEL] DuplexSecure - FAQ [/DEL] Link broken as of 21 Jul 2012
New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads
Alternate link: Disc-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

Older versions of the M-Audio software have been known to cause BSOD's - ensure that you have installed the most current, Win7 compatible version.

There were no .DMP files in the minidump folder. I uninstalled soundtap, reinstalled my video drivers, and uninstalled SPTD as you suggested. I played D&D for a couple hours problem free. If the problem persists i will let you know and I will check to see if there is a .dmp file and upload that if there is. Thank you very much for your help, I really appreciate it!

Thanks for letting us know.
The dump file issue is a separate problem and we can work on that if you'd like.
Unfortunately the "test" is to get another BSOD - and, for some reason, most people don't want to go through that again! :0)

Good luck!

I think the dump file issue is because I had Advanced Systemcare 5 on my pc and it probably deleted the .dmp files. Mumble is also not giving me a blue screen anymore. Skype may be a different story though, I'll find out either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

I ran Skype and did a video call without any problems. Didn't run it very long because my Kinect camera won't work as a webcam on Skype or Windows Live anymore (not sure why), and my Logitech webcam doesnt work. But it seems all my problems are gone. Thank you very much for you help usasma, I really appreciate it!

I'm glad that we could help out!
Thanks for letting us know!

You can get some assistance for the Skype/webcam problems over in the Win 7 Support forums: Link Removed due to 404 Error (I don't know anything about Skype!)

Back