Windows 7 BSOD's Again after replacement KomputerBay RAM installation

RingAnimated

Please Help.

View attachment Crashes.zip helpme.png

Hi,

when you ran memtest was it on multiple sticks or did you test one stick at a time? Plus have you checked that it isn't a motherboard slot gone bad?

Being as with my old RAM in the only time i crashed was when i removed my EasyCAP while it was still running in Ulead VideoStudio (the thing has always had problems like that). and it was on both sticks. The first stop happened when the PC was idle and the second occurred while watching YouTube. Something fishy though is that the ram is 800MHZ each and memtest said something like 400 MHz (DDR2800) does that mean its not running the correct frequencies.

Don't worry that's normal. DDR2 stands for 'double data rate' and so it's actual speed of 400MHz is pumped up to 800MHz.. Just to rule out that it's not your mobo at fault I'd test the sticks individually, first in one slot and then the other. If errors appear when in one particular slot and not the other then you have your culprit.

Don't worry that's normal. DDR2 stands for 'double data rate' and so it's actual speed of 400MHz is pumped up to 800MHz.. Just to rule out that it's not your mobo at fault I'd test the sticks individually, first in one slot and then the other. If errors appear when in one particular slot and not the other then you have your culprit.
Already tried that with my last set of bad KomputerBay RAM, and i had errors on both and like i said i didn't crash with my old RAM which i still have just in-case. Did you check the crash dumps, i'm trying to figure out if it's a driver because i haven't BSOD'ed yet today, im about to edit and render a video and we'll see if it crashes then. Windows Memory Diagnostic tool found nothing, Stinger found nothing. Last night i ran CHKDSK though so my problems might be gone. Like i said, im about to edit and render a video, we'll see then. Oh and because my 2nd bsod happened while watching youtube, could it have to do with 32-bit flash player on a 64-bit OS. BTW you might remember me from my last set of blue screens a while ago.

Hi,

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80003096ae6, fffff8800852df20, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe

This error has been linked to excessive paged pool usage and may occur due to user-mode graphics drivers crossing over and passing bad data to the kernel code.

secdrv.SYS Wed Sep 13 14:18:38 2006

This is a copy protection file for games and known for causing issues, please go to admin controls, services and disable.

Can you also update your graphics driver to the latest version: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Update Direct X too: Download: DirectX End-User Runtime - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

To be honest whilst your getting errors in memtest other considerations are like shutting the barn door after the horse has bolted. I will ask once again for to test the RAM individually or if your unsure of my advice just google 'memtest showing errors'........

I think i may have fixed it with DSKCHK actually, i haven't had a BSOD since and have rendered 2 videos (1 being a laggy render because of Vegas's limitations) but yeah.

UPDATE: Have not crashed since running dskchk and DirectX. Ill check back again soon...being as the last set of RAM started failing about a month after installation.

Bad news, just had one. And the BSOD froze before it could even start building the DMP, so i can't provide one.

Heres the values though.

Bug Check String = MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Stop Code = 0x1A
Caused By = (it didn't say)
Happened While = 30 or so seconds after opening Comodo Dragon. After writing a PM on Skype after exiting NFS:HP.

Earlier my PC also shut down un-expectantly while playing NFS:HP, just a shut down, no blue screen or anything :/

Im going to do Memtest86+ all night for an answer.

I'd start looking at the motherboard. Unless as coincidence would have it you bought bad sticks again?

im going to see if another one happens. If it does and a DMP occurs, ill upload. I got my mobo about 2 years or so ago.

So what did you do about the faulty RAM? If memtest is showing errors then it means either the RAM or RAM slot is bad.

And yes delete the file. Also try using a different av other than Norton. Please un-install and then google for a norton removal tool to get out the last bits. Try using MSE : Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
wacommousefilter.sys Fri Feb 16 18:12:17 2007 This is a mouse driver. Either update or remove as it's way old..

To be honest though, until you sort your RAM issue out your always going to be wondering if a bsod will occur...

memtest only had shown 2 errors. Ill try getting rid of Norton (being as i hate it already anyway) and Advanced System Care's Uninstaller should be able to remove the last bits by itself. I have a Wacom Bamboo Create so i hope that deleting that file won't cause problems. Ill make a restore point first. I have now also found out my BIOS cannot turn off shadowing and caching...though if another BSOD happens i can use a report from boot logs now that i have that on. I also finally have WinDBG working again so i can start trying to help (im a noob, i only know a little windbg) and learning more about it. Thank You for all the help and if Stops persist i will send this set back for a set with lower MHz and try that. Again, Thank You for all you're help.

Back