Windows 7 BSOD's consistantly while in normal boot

Richard knight

soo ive been getting these very constant BSOD with various errors attached while browsing the internet, downloading things such as adobe flash it would just freeze up as it was finished and send me straight to the BSOD. Please someone help. I've ran
sfc/scannow = No problems
memorytest86 =No problems
chkdsk =No problems
Everything works fine in SAFE MODE but once I do a normal startup I get a BSOD
P.S. this is a brand new built PC which ive reformatted many times im guessing its amd drivers but im not completely sure as to why its constantly giving me BSOD
Edit: Just installed new ram got another BSOD while logging into steam

first dump:Old ram sticks
Second Dump:New ram stick(Took out the old ones)

Attachments

• W7F_09-11-2014.zip
    725.2 KB · Views: 370
  • W7F_10-11-2014.zip
    761.5 KB · Views: 233
Last edited:
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800fa36cb6, fffff88005925e88, fffff880059256e0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+a06cb6 )

Followup: MachineOwner
Hi,
you have quite a few different bugchecks (this in itself can indicate a hardware issue) and many relate to a memory issue. I see from your post above that you've tried running Memtest86. Can you post how long you ran it for as it does make a difference. Also have you checked that your RAM settings/voltage are correct in the bios?
I checked your drivers and they look in pretty good shape date wise apart from Intel. These all seem to date around 2012 and need updating. Try running the Intel driver utility:
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

Check the RAM on your GPU by running this app:
http://mikelab.kiev.ua/index_en.php?page=PROGRAMS/vmt_en

If after updating the Intel drivers the bsod continues try removing all the RAM but one stick (Run in slot 1 or the closest to the CPU). Run the machine and if you get a bsod change the stick over. Your looking for a stick which doesn't bsod so keep swopping until you find one that doesn't or you find that they all do it. In that case we'll then try something new but many of the dump files you sent lead me to believe this is a RAM issue as I've seen this type of situation before. It is possible that a driver can also cause this type of bsod but testing will help us to determine that.

Post any new dump files

Code:

BugCheck 1A, {41284, fffff980146b6001, 3458, fffff780c0000000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4ad3 )

The dump files sent were almost exactly like the ones you sent earlier. Once again many different bugchecks including the above Bugcheck 1A means a severe memory management error has occurred. Just because the RAM is new doesn't mean it can't be bad. So try testing the new RAM (which I notice is exactly the same model as your old RAM) with Memtest86 making sure you test for at least 12hrs. Some errors won't appear until the 12th hour so it's critical RAM is tested for at least that long.
You may also need to consider that the RAM is fine and it's a slot that's bad.

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel Management Engine Interface. I also notice you didn't upgrade your Intel drivers

Did you run the GPU test?

Changing video mode to 640x480x16...OK
[11/10/2014 5:16:54 PM] Test started for "Primary Display Driver ()"...
Trying 16bpp RGB:565 mode...NOT SUPPORTED (Code: 88760233)
Trying 16bpp RGB:555 mode...NOT SUPPORTED (Code: 88760233)
Trying 16bpp BGR:565 mode...NOT SUPPORTED (Code: 88760233)
Trying 32bpp RGB:888 mode...NOT SUPPORTED (Code: 88760233)
Trying 32bpp BGR:888 mode...NOT SUPPORTED (Code: 88760233)
NO PASS COMPLETED

that's what I received in the gpu test as for memtest is saying can not be run in win 32

Code:

BugCheck 1A, {41284, fffff980146b6001, 3458, fffff780c0000000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4ad3 )

The dump files sent were almost exactly like the ones you sent earlier. Once again many different bugchecks including the above Bugcheck 1A means a severe memory management error has occurred. Just because the RAM is new doesn't mean it can't be bad. So try testing the new RAM (which I notice is exactly the same model as your old RAM) with Memtest86 making sure you test for at least 12hrs. Some errors won't appear until the 12th hour so it's critical RAM is tested for at least that long.
You may also need to consider that the RAM is fine and it's a slot that's bad.

HECIx64.sys Mon Jul 02 23:14:58 2012: Intel Management Engine Interface. I also notice you didn't upgrade your Intel drivers

Did you run the GPU test?
nevermind its running now in regular start up *Fingers Crossed*!

soo i ran the test and during the test the screen picture got messed up. but up until that point i had no errors o_O do you think its the display driver? because i still hear all the windows sounds even when i shut it off

Hi,
it's possible. It's also possible that the Intel drivers may bear some relation too.. Did you update them? Also it's odd your GPU didn't complete the test I asked you to run.
Try running the burn-in test on Furmark:
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

You could also try uninstalling the GPU driver using this application as it also removes old leftover bits n bobs:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Download an install the latest whql driver here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us

Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.

Hi,
it's possible. It's also possible that the Intel drivers may bear some relation too.. Did you update them? Also it's odd your GPU didn't complete the test I asked you to run.
Try running the burn-in test on Furmark:
http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

You could also try uninstalling the GPU driver using this application as it also removes old leftover bits n bobs:
http://www.wagnardmobile.com/DDU/
Download an install the latest whql driver here:
http://support.amd.com/en-us

Windows does have it's own memory testing app but it can often miss errors and the best app for the job is Memtest86. The latest version of which can be found here:
http://www.memtest.org/

To run Memtest86 you need to either burn a copy of it to disk or use a USB stick. If you look down the page you'll eventually find the latest version and it's associated downloads. If your burning to disk choose the pre-compiled iso zip. If your using a USB method then the corresponding download is the auto installer for a USB stick.
Once you have Memtest86 on the media you selected you'll then need to enter your bios and change the boot order so that the machine will boot from either the disk or stick you have Memtest86 on.
Run the test for at least 12hrs if possible unless it becomes clear that there is a issue. If there is a problem with the RAM you'll see the errors pop up in red so you can't miss them.
Okay soo i stopped most of the BSOD's but now when im watching a youtube video or doing normal things, steam, browsing internet,etc. the screen goes blank. I know windows is still running in the background as i can hear it, also when i unplug the hdmi from my tv and plug it back in the picture comes back but its a BSOD.

Attachments

• W7F_11-11-2014.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 572
Code:

BugCheck D5, {fffff9800be2afa8, 0, fffff8800f1514db, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c94db )

Please run the tests I asked about above and replace the GPU driver as specified.

Back