Bugged Icons - how to fix please?

Hello,

today I installed a trial of a voice changer and deinstalled it after a while. However since that moment, I have bugged icons for some filextenstions. Till yet I found out, it is mkv and rar. I tried do delete the Iconcache.db, but this doesn't solved the problem. Any other solutions?

Attachments

bochane

Honorable Member
From your picture it looks like .rar refers to the winrar archiver and that is what it should be. So I may need more help with your question. Please..

Yes, it is set correctly, that is not the Problem. Also mlv starts with Media Player Classic. However on the Desktop and also in the card, left to the filename, you see a wrong icon. I would like to fix it in that way, that it shows me the winrar icon everywhere for *rar files (or MPC symbol for every mkv file)

bochane

Honorable Member
However on the Desktop and also in the card, left to the filename, you see a wrong icon. I would like to fix it in that way, that it shows me the winrar icon everywhere for *rar files (or MPC symbol for every mkv file)
Thank you. I knew that I was wrong and I did not understand you.
Could you please 'screen dump' these wrong icons?

Look in my first post. There is an attachmend JPG that shows the wrong icon in the card just on the bottom of the word "Allgemein"

bochane

Honorable Member
Thanks.

If you are looking at an archive of a map with files in it. It looks normal to me that your icon shows an map.
Any one else?

i could jsut fix it with a restorepoint :/

bochane

Honorable Member
Great to hear.
And you did it yourself!

And how does that icon looks now?

Like it should: the winrar icon (or the mkv icon as a MPC icon). I am not sure if you understood what I mean because in the picture of the first post you see the two different icons.

bochane

Honorable Member
Very good.

Henk

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.