Windows 7 Bugged Icons - how to fix please?

BobDobalina

Hello,

today I installed a trial of a voice changer and deinstalled it after a while. However since that moment, I have bugged icons for some filextenstions. Till yet I found out, it is mkv and rar. I tried do delete the Iconcache.db, but this doesn't solved the problem. Any other solutions?

Attachments

• Ohne Titel-2 Kopie.jpg
    Ohne Titel-2 Kopie.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 260
From your picture it looks like .rar refers to the winrar archiver and that is what it should be. So I may need more help with your question. Please..

Yes, it is set correctly, that is not the Problem. Also mlv starts with Media Player Classic. However on the Desktop and also in the card, left to the filename, you see a wrong icon. I would like to fix it in that way, that it shows me the winrar icon everywhere for *rar files (or MPC symbol for every mkv file)

However on the Desktop and also in the card, left to the filename, you see a wrong icon. I would like to fix it in that way, that it shows me the winrar icon everywhere for *rar files (or MPC symbol for every mkv file)
Thank you. I knew that I was wrong and I did not understand you.
Could you please 'screen dump' these wrong icons?

Look in my first post. There is an attachmend JPG that shows the wrong icon in the card just on the bottom of the word "Allgemein"

Thanks.

If you are looking at an archive of a map with files in it. It looks normal to me that your icon shows an map.
Any one else?

Like it should: the winrar icon (or the mkv icon as a MPC icon). I am not sure if you understood what I mean because in the picture of the first post you see the two different icons.

Back