Windows Vista Build 7048, Install stops at 85%, no errors

amel

Hi!

The install stops making progress at 85% expanding files. I left it for 45 minutes and it still made no progress although it is clearly not frozen as it responds to cancel commands etc.

Tried formatting and making partitions again with no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

It is a completely new clean machine with no other OS.

specs :

• 1 DFI LanParty DK X58-T3eH6 Socket-1366, ATX, 1xGbLAN, DDR3, ICH10R, SLI&Cross
  • 1 Corsair XMS3 DDR3 1333MHz 6GB CL9 Kit w/3x 2GB XMS3 modules, CL9-9-9-24, for Core i7
  • 1 Intel Core? i7 Quad Processor i7-920 4,8GT/sec, 8MB, Boxed
  • 1 XFX GeForce GTX 260 896MB PhysX CUDA PCI-Express 2.0, "BLACK", 2xDVI, HDMI, Core 216, F
  • 1 USB2 MULTICARDREADER 3.5" sort for CF I/II,SM,MMC/SD/microSD,MS,xD (bulk)
  • 1 Sony NEC Optiarc DVD±RW burner AD-7200S, 20x, SATA, Black, bulk
  • 1 Western Digital VelociRaptor 150GB, 10000RPM, SATA, 3 Gb/s, 16MB

p.s.

downloading build 7057 to see if I have more luck there

7057 worked fine. Nevermind.

Last edited:
It seems like you encountered an issue during the installation process on your new machine. Since you mentioned that you were able to successfully install build 7057, let's proceed with some general suggestions for troubleshooting such installation issues in the future:

1. Check Installation Media: Ensure that the installation media (USB/DVD) is not damaged. Try creating a new installation media using a different tool or device.

2. Hardware Compatibility: Verify that all your hardware components are compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to install. Sometimes, certain hardware configurations can cause installation problems.

3. BIOS Settings: Check the BIOS settings to make sure that the boot order is correct and that all components are recognized properly.

4. Update Drivers: Before installation, ensure you have the latest drivers for your hardware ready. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause installation failures.

5. Memory Check: Run a memory diagnostic test to verify that your RAM is functioning correctly. Faulty RAM can often lead to installation failures.

6. Disconnect Unnecessary Devices: During installation, disconnect any unnecessary peripherals or devices to avoid potential conflicts.

7. Update Installation Files: If using an older version of Windows, consider downloading the latest Windows ISO version to ensure you have the most recent updates and fixes.

8. Install in Safe Mode: If you encounter issues during the installation, try installing Windows in Safe Mode. This reduces the chance of driver conflicts.

9. Partition Alignment: Ensure that the partitions you create are correctly aligned to prevent performance and compatibility issues.

These suggestions should help address similar issues in the future. If you encounter any more difficulties or need assistance with a specific problem, feel free to ask!

Back