Windows 7 Build 7127 seems to have fixed my network problems

mmike70

On the 7100 build I was having issues where the network would just simply stop working. This same hardware worked perfectly with xp, vista, server 2K3 and 2K8. What happened was I would still be associated to the router but I'd get the little exclamation mark on the signal strength task bar meter and the text 'no internet access'. Just web browsing would cause this to happen. At this point I couldn't even ping the router and any attempt to repair the connection at this point would just cause the tool to hang. Couldn't restart the adapter or the wireless config service either without those processes hanging. If I attemped a fix while broke I couldn't even reboot later without the whole box hanging too, I'd have to hit the reset button. Without trying a fix, the PC would reboot cleanly and when it came back up, the network would be fine for a couple minutes to an hour tops. I tried everything I could find to fix this but nothing helped at all, clean installs, different driver versions, too many to count registry changes, power saving settings, disable ipv6, purge routing tables, etc...

Anyway...another fresh install later of 7127 this time, with os supplied NIC drivers, and 7 hours later the network is still functioning perfectly, a new record.

I'm using a netgear wn311b NIC connecting to a dlink DIR-655 router, version 1.31.

Can you update from 7100 to 7127? How you do that? I tried to download Win 7 again but it was still build 7100. My updates are also up-to-date and auto updates are ON. :confused:

there are torrents around with a leaked 7127 build. I wonder if they are fake.
not that I'm going to install Win7 on my 5 years old computer with 1GB of RAM... specially for gaming.

there are torrents around with a leaked 7127 build. I wonder if they are fake.
not that I'm going to install Win7 on my 5 years old computer with 1GB of RAM... specially for gaming.
I have W7 running on a 3ghz pentium4 processor, 512mb ram and onboard graphics. It runs very well just no aero.

I have a Pentium 4 2.8GHz, 1GB RAM, GeForce 7600GS 256MB AGP 8x and Win7 runs great, even with aero.
But to play games on this setup it's not that good with only 1GB of RAM.

Back