Windows 8 Built in webcam problems

holidayhawk

I'm having problems with my built in webcam. I'm using an Valkyrie CZ-15 from ibuypower. The webcam worked when I first got the laptop, but after not using it for a while it no longer works. I tried to disable and reenable it from device manager, but I couldn't find it in device manager. Does anyone have a fix?

Hi,

look under Imaging Devices for your webcam - select the Driver tab and re-enable the driver if it has been disabled
see here

ss.jpg

To Know more, follow the instruction given in the Microsoft link- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929087

Hope this helps…

From you device manger shot, you don't have the driver installed. Can we get the exact model number of your Valkyrie CZ-15. There should be some more numbers after the 15...eg Valkyrei CZ-15 xxxx. That way we can find the correct driver for you laptop.

This is all I can find, "Valkyrie CZ-15 [3] Gaming Laptop." I believe it whatever the default built in camera would be. Sorry I can't find more, is this enough?

Damn it didn't work for me....it turned off my sound...as the F6 key has a speaker on it....this is a samsung laptop. I don't see a webcam symbol on any of the Fkeys. I will have to investigate this further.

But great tip badrobot!

Damn it didn't work for me....it turned off my sound...as the F6 key has a speaker on it....this is a samsung laptop. I don't see a webcam symbol on any of the Fkeys. I will have to investigate this further.

But great tip badrobot!

No problem. I don't think it's a standard fn key combination. Different brands have different F key settings. :)

Apparently, Samsung doesn't have a FN key combo to turn on/off the built in webcam.

Back
Top Bottom