Windows 8 Camera does not automatically connect after Windows 8 Refresh?

Gary Whitehead

I used the Windows 8 Refresh and like many others I seem to have lost all the important files. Where as I could simply connect my Camera and it would automatically connect now it does't . AVG, I Tunes, Abi all lost. How can I restore the automatic connection etc? I can't even use the tool bar AVForums when writing a message?

Thanks

I used the Windows 8 Refresh and like many others I seem to have lost all the important files. Where as I could simply connect my Camera and it would automatically connect now it does't . AVG, I Tunes, Abi all lost. How can I restore the automatic connection etc? I can't even use the tool bar AVForums when writing a message?

Thanks

A refresh will remove personal files ect. Try looking at system restore and see if you can go back to a point when you still had all those files and settings.

Hi

I don't think that System Restore replaces Personal files, I may be wrong but I think it only replaces system files, settings and the registry.

It's still worth a shot, to see for sure, maybe you will be lucky.

That's one of the things I don't like about Windows 8, in Windows 7 you could do a reinstall of the OS without removing any of your personal files, and most of your installed software would still work afterwards.

As far as I know you can't do that in Windows 8.

With Windows 8 it's kind of all or nothing.
It will keep your apps but real software like Photoshop etc. get axed.

I would still like to be able to replace my Windows 8 installation without effecting anything else.
I'd do it now if I could! LOL

Mike

Actually I think your correct Mike, it's been so long since I last used the thing myself lol..

Hi

For the camera: Try going into Device Manager and uninstalling the camera under Imaging Devices.
Then reboot the computer with the camera plugged in to the USB port.

Let Windows rediscover the camera and set it up again and see if it gets it right this time.

I've found that this process often fixes hardware items that aren't being recognised automatically, sound cards, printers, cameras, scanners etc.

Sometimes Windows just doesn't get it right the first time.

Mike

Back