Windows 8 Can Able to Ping Websites from Command Line But cannot able to Open websites in Browser.

kreddy

Hi,

I have connected My USB Mobile Broad Band device to Windows 8 system. The Windows 8 Popup shows that mobile broad band is connected and internet connection is available.

I tried pinging websites from command line i.e. ping google.com , I have got reply back.

But when I am trying to open in browser it is not opened.

I have tried to open by using the IP address in the browser but still cannot able to open the websites.

With USB debugger i have checked the generated packets from windows 8 machine, and observed that correct DNS address is present as destination in IP packets.

Please help me with the issue?

Hi kreddy,

is it a particular website that won't open? If it's a particular website it might be down to compatibility if your using IE10. Try clicking the compatibility button found via your address bar, it looks like a rectangle torn in half..

It may also be the case that your security is stopping the site or sites appearing. What ant-virus app do you use?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi kemical,

I am facing problem with all the websites. I am not using any antivirus with my system.

I have connected other dongles (Not Mobile broad band dongles) and i can able to access the internet.

but When I am trying to use Mobile Broad band Dongle which works on MBIM stack only i am facing this problem.

Can you list the actual device your using, model and manufacturer.

Also if you open the charms up and click on settings then change pc settings, look for 'Devices' and click on that. You'll notice that on the right side of the screen a setting for metered connections. It's default setting is off and I just wonder if this is what your issue is?
Try turning it on and see if it makes a difference as it's there to stop you automatically downloading when you don't want to.
Here's a screenie of the setting:

metered.jpg

Hi kemical,

I am facing problem with all the websites. I am not using any antivirus with my system.

I have connected other dongles (Not Mobile broad band dongles) and i can able to access the internet.

but When I am trying to use Mobile Broad band Dongle which works on MBIM stack only i am facing this problem.

I will help you.

Hi kemical,

I will help you.

After reading all your quries and replies, that i am came to know is the problem is in your Mobile broad band Dongle which works on MBIM stack. To rectify this contact your service provider and ask them to fix this problem. After they fix the problem, you can open any sites in your browser and check whether it is working or not . You can ping those sites, using the site WhoisXY.com .

Back