Windows 7 Can an upgraded Win xp disc be used on two computers? Or Win 7 without the Xp product key?

Randomer10

Hello there.

My younger brother did format his PC-computer in order to install Win xp, but he don't know where the product key is.

I did upgrade my Win xp with Win 7 and own both discs. And I want to loan either disc to my brother

BUT

1. Can my brother install Win Xp and not use the product key, but install Win 7 and use that product key instead? (But I will only use my Win xp in my computer).

OR

2. Can Win xp used on two computers at the same time because one computer is upgraded to Win 7?

Appreciate the help

Legally the only OS he could install of yours is the XP OS assuming you did not dual boot your Win 7 with your original Win XP. Each OS can only be installed on one PC at a time. If your Win 7 is the only OS on your PC then your brother can install your original Win XP on his PC with your original key.

Remember each key only allows one OS to be installed at the same time. For example retail versions of Win 7 include both a 32 Bit DVD and a 64 Bit DVD, but only one or the other can be installed at the same time. You cannot use the key to install both, even if you own both PC's.

Back
Top Bottom