Windows 7 Can anyone recommend a powerful touch screen notebook / ultrabook?

gavinharriss

I'm trying to find a new notebook for software development, wanting a touchscrren so I can test touch apps. I've been digging around but not found anything which meets all my requirements yet.

These are the kind of specs I'm after:
  • Windows 8 (Pro preferable, but can upgrade after)
  • 64 bit
  • 15.6" touch screen (bright)
  • 8GB RAM preferable (min is ability to upgrade to 8 GB)
  • Intel i5 CPU (i7 preferable)
  • Minimum of 500 GB HDD (hybrid SSD preferable)
  • Built-in webcam
  • 3 USB ports (preferably 1 USB 3.0)
  • VGA / HDMI port

I found this Dell Inspiron 15z Ultrabook was almost there, but customer reviews indicated the screen brightness was a bit poor.

Any hardware ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that kemical, much appreciated! Most were let down by the screen size. I'm looking in to the Acer Aspire options now. CPU looks a little on slow side of first one investigated, but having a dig to see if I can find any versions with slightly higher specs.

Cheers for the suggestion. I'm finding it difficult to zone in on the touch screen only models though. Lots of these review sites have search filters, but very few have a touch screen option.

I've just this minute placed an order with Dell. Seems their Inspiron 15R (5521) seems to tick just about all the boxes. The 15Z was let down by it's dull screen but the reviews for the 15R seem to indicate a brighter screen. When SSD's come down in price I'll probably swap out the HDD for one of those.

Thanks for your help - much appreciated!

Back