Windows 7 Can I Delete the PerfLogs Folder?

VicVicVic

Hello, I hope you are doing well.

In my C main drive, there is a folder titled PerfLogs. Inside it, there's one folder, an Admin folder. However, nothing else exists inside these folders.

Would it be safe to delete the PerfLogs folder? I read that in Vista, the folder is created by the "Reliability and Performance Monitor," but couldn't find any detailed information about the folder. Any thoughts regarding this?

Thanks,
Vic

Hi vic,
I've un-installed it before now without any ill effects although it does return eventually so now I just leave it alone.. :)

Thanks for the reply and sharing your own experience with PerfLogs. I'll just leave it alone, though I've made the folder hidden, as I don't like seeing too many folders in the C drive. Thanks again.

Hi vic,
I've un-installed it before now without any ill effects although it does return eventually so now I just leave it alone.. :)

I accidentally un-installed it today....... but you said that it will return eventually, right? I even updated my computer to see if it would come back but I didn't.

PerfLogs is

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...indows-7/f8434aa7-c20c-481a-8154-0f9520a0b776

It's the system's way to do something. Don't mess with system files or folders, unless you know what you do. It's like dismantling a V12 engine - only for experts. That's why Windows has system files hidden by default. Put your finger on a hot stove... do you?

Curiosity is good, but know your limits. Or burn your fingers.

Use something like CCleaner to check your system now and then. Don't use any auto-updates, only have updates reported, goes for Windows too. Don't use any auto scans either. Use your own brains, goes for both throttle and brake.

Last edited:
Reactions: whs
Back