Can I install Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10 Upgrade and Installation' started by Mason Brown, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Mason Brown

I'm currently running Windows 7 Ulitimate and I wanna get Windows 10. Here are my specs:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz 2.00GHz
    RAM: 3.87GB
    64 Bit Operating system

Is that good enough for windows 10?

2. LoboVerde

LoboVerde Active Member

3. BIGBEARJEDI

BIGBEARJEDI Honorable Member
    Premium Supporter

Spec-wise yes, but you should still run the W10 COMPATIBILITY TEST first that's built into W10 which you can find how to use here:
    Get Windows 10 app - Check Compatibility Report for Windows 10

The way you listed your specs leads me to believe this is a self-built PC, correct? If so, you can go the Motherboard manufacturer's website, such as Asus or Gigabyte, and see if they have W10 drivers listed for your Motherboard model. If so, you are good to go. If not, it's very unlikely that it will work with W10 as a general rule. It also would be helpful to know the year you built your PC and bought your components.

If you didn't build this PC but bought it as in a Dell, HP, Acer, Gateway, Toshiba etc.; those are OEM computers, and you can check the manufacturer's website for you exact Model number, or for Dell and HP you can enter your serial number for your computer and it will take you to the driver download site. If W10 drivers aren't listed it's not likely to take the W10 upgrade either.:waah:

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

4. RichM

RichM Active Member

A word of caution, regardless of whether or not you are compatible it is also important to know there are no current issues with your current version of Windows as upgrading to another version will never work as a fix for problems you now have.

BIGBEARJEDI likes this.