Windows Vista Can MY comp handle it?

NeciFiX

Hello, I got a new comp after Windows XP Installation fried my old comp, so I'm going to get Windows Vista Home Premium UPGRADE (LOL bad idea huh if my last one fried from XP?)

My system specs are... (I got this PC for 300$)

Dell Dimension 4600i
~2.80 GHz Processor, Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading
400 GB SATA Hard Drive
1 GB of RAM.

My GFX Card can use Direct X 9.0c well and can play World of Warcraft on max graphical settings however 'tis a little laggy unless I bring it down a bit. I plan to use Aero.
I'm sure it'll run, but will it run efficiently? I was thinking of getting 2-3 GB of RAM or something but I don't think anything available on the entire internet needs 2-3 GB. I think the most you need is 512 with an occasional recommendation of 1024/1 GB.

You should definitely be able to run Vista. As for Aero, Quote from the help file:

Aero also requires a DirectX 9 class graphics processor that supports a Windows Display Driver Model Driver, Pixel Shader 2.0 in hardware, and 32 bits per pixel.

Oh, the installer is on a DVD I believe. So you'll therefore need a DVD drive.

Hello, I got a new comp after Windows XP Installation fried my old comp, so I'm going to get Windows Vista Home Premium UPGRADE (LOL bad idea huh if my last one fried from XP?)

My system specs are... (I got this PC for 300$)

Dell Dimension 4600i
~2.80 GHz Processor, Pentium 4 with Hyperthreading
400 GB SATA Hard Drive
1 GB of RAM.

My GFX Card can use Direct X 9.0c well and can play World of Warcraft on max graphical settings however 'tis a little laggy unless I bring it down a bit. I plan to use Aero.
I'm sure it'll run, but will it run efficiently? I was thinking of getting 2-3 GB of RAM or something but I don't think anything available on the entire internet needs 2-3 GB. I think the most you need is 512 with an occasional recommendation of 1024/1 GB.
fuck can u say where can i get a comp like urs?

Back