Windows 7 Can the administrator add a password to a guest account? How?

Right-click on Computer/My Computer/This PC, click on Manage, click on the icon to the left of Local Users and Groups ,click on Users and on the tright side right-click on Guest and click on Set Password. Now click on Proceed and set the password.

Right-click on Computer/My Computer/This PC, click on Manage, click on the icon to the left of Local Users and Groups ,click on Users and on the tright side right-click on Guest and click on Set Password. Now click on Proceed and set the password.

Are these instructions for Windows 7 ?
What version of Win 7?

I can't find.... My Computer/This PC .....on my Win 7 Home Premium.
Right click on Computer gives my Manage which leads me to Computer Management. But that does not give me Local Users and Groups.

Your instructions work on my Win 8.1 Pro.

Last edited:
The instructions I gave work on Vista Ultimate/Enterprise, 7 Pro/Enterprise, 8 Pro/Enterprise and 8.1 Pro/Enterprise. Vista is My Computer, 7 & 8 are Computer and 8.1 is This PC. The rest of the instructions are the same and need to be done in that order. If you have any of the Home versions or just 8/8.1, you're s.o.l. You need the higher versions to get access to Manage, which is Computer Management.

Your instructions are only for Win 7 Pro and Enterprise as you said.

I have Win 7 Home Premium and I can go right click on Computer > Manage > which gives me Computer Management.
It does not give me Local Users and Groups because it is available only for Pro and Enterprise.

For all Win 7 versions , excluding Starter edition, guest account can be password protected by using elevated command prompt.

Last edited:
Here's a screenshot of it. You right-click on Guest on the right side and click on Set Password and follow my instructions as I already posted the first time. To enable the Guest account, you click on Properties and Enabled, instead of Set Password. They both work with all the Accounts listed on the right side.

Attachments

• Manage-ComputerManagement.zip
    51.2 KB · Views: 173
Back