Windows 7 Cannot access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE with registry remote

Armin

Hi guys.. I want to use registry remote to edit registry of another computer in my network,But I can't access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE(It's say I have no permission ) I use administrator (built_in) user,But i can't change permission by registry remote Help me!

Solution
When trying to access the registry of another computer in your network using Registry Remote, you may encounter permission issues, especially with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive. Here are some steps you can take to address this problem:
  1. Ensure Proper Permissions:
    • Make sure that the user account you are using has the necessary permissions to access and modify the registry on the remote computer. Even if you are logged in as an administrator, you may need to explicitly grant yourself permission to access specific registry hives.
    []Use Registry Editor:
    • Try using the Registry Editor tool directly on the remote computer to change the permissions for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive. This can sometimes be more...
When trying to access the registry of another computer in your network using Registry Remote, you may encounter permission issues, especially with the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive. Here are some steps you can take to address this problem:
  1. Ensure Proper Permissions:
    • Make sure that the user account you are using has the necessary permissions to access and modify the registry on the remote computer. Even if you are logged in as an administrator, you may need to explicitly grant yourself permission to access specific registry hives.
    []Use Registry Editor:
    • Try using the Registry Editor tool directly on the remote computer to change the permissions for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE hive. This can sometimes be more effective than attempting to do it remotely.
    [
    ]Remote Registry Service:
    • Ensure that the Remote Registry service is running on the target computer. If the service is not running, you won't be able to access the registry remotely. You can start the service by following these steps:
      • Press Win + R, type services.msc, and press Enter.
      • Locate the "Remote Registry" service, right-click on it, and select Start.
    []Firewall and Network Permissions:
    • Check if there are any firewall or network restrictions that might be blocking your access to the remote registry. Ensure that the necessary ports are open for remote registry access.
    [
    ]Using PowerShell:
    • If you're comfortable with PowerShell, you can try using PowerShell commands to modify registry permissions on the remote computer. PowerShell can provide more granular control over registry operations.
    []Verify Registry Remote Configuration:
    • Double-check the configuration of your Registry Remote tool to ensure that it is set up correctly to communicate with the remote computer. Any misconfiguration can lead to permission errors.
    [
    ]Group Policy Settings:
    • In some cases, Group Policy settings may restrict access to the registry. Ensure that the Group Policy settings on the remote computer allow remote registry access. If you continue to face issues after trying these steps, consider reaching out to your network administrator for assistance in configuring the permissions correctly for remote registry access.

Solution
Back