Windows 7 Cannot Access SAN drive share

jmurdock

I am having a strange problem.

I tele-commute to work. In my home I have 4 pc's with various software on them. To work I have a secure vpn connection to servers that I need to access. Included in what I access is a D-Link DNS-323 SAN drive.

While connected to the VPN from my Windows XP computer I can access the shares on the SAN with no trouble, it is instantaneous and always there, from my Windows 7 64bit computer however I cannot connect to the SAN.

The error I can see is this:

The remote device or resource won't accept the connection The device or resource (192.168.8.12) is not set up to accept connections on port "The File and printer sharing (SMB)".

Obviously from my home the device CAN accept connections and the device must be configured properly because I can use from my other computers as can other employees.

I run Windows 7, x64 on an Intel processor, I have IP6 turned off at the network card, I have disabled the firewall entirely.

So far my googling has not provided me with a good answer. Re-formatting is not a option (and I have seen people have success using it according to their posts). My computer has to remain intact, but I do periodically need access to this device.

Anyone have a good idea what to do?

Back