Cannot disconnect network drive??? Please help

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Networking' started by aomega001, May 20, 2010.

1. aomega001

aomega001 New Member

I have a rather annoying problem in that I installed my network printer, a HP C5180. Once I had finished the installation I noticed that the drive monitor Gadget had dissapeared from my sidebar and in it's place a HP printer monitor one had appeared.

I removed the printer gadget and tried to replace the disk drive monitor, with no luck. I looked in my computer and noticed that a new network drive (card reader on printer) had been mapped along side my other two network drives, it is called "Photosmart C5100 series (192.168.1.4)" it is mapped as X:.

I have tried to disconnect, when I do I can then reinstall any of the drive monitor gadgets I want but as soon as I restart or just turn off the machine and then boot, Windows 7 decides to re-map the card slot of the printer as X: again. I have tried editing the reg and the dos prompt switches, to no avail. I have contacted HP but because the printer is out of warranty they were unwilling to help. Can anyone help as this is now officially driving me up the F'ing wall.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Any help would be much appreciated.