Windows 7 Cannot find Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7!

Kathrine Five

Hi!

I am currently using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10, but due to problems with some software I need to install Internet Explorer 8. I cannot find any reliable webpages that allow me to install Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7. Any suggestions to how I may fix this problem?

Thanks!

Hi!

I am currently using Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10, but due to problems with some software I need to install Internet Explorer 8. I cannot find any reliable webpages that allow me to install Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7. Any suggestions to how I may fix this problem?

Thanks!

It won't work because the system will refuse the install and tell you that you already have a higher version of IE.

What you need to do is to use the Developer Tools.
Open IE10 > press F12 key > at the bottom, click Browser Mode: IE10 > select Internet Explorer 8.
Now run that software and see if it works.
If it does, after you are done, don't forget to press F12 key again to exit Developer Tools and return to IE10.

Officially Microsoft does not provide IE 8 for Windows 7, like david notes. I bet your best option would be to try to find compatibility patches for the programs you use, so as to get them to work with IE 10.

Downgrading is very difficult. Older programs, if not updated... simply become obsolete.

Do you have .NET up to date? Java? Etc.

Last edited:
Back