Windows 7 Cannot get Windows to load, have a message on screen

mom2Edison

Normally I shut down my PC at night, forgot last night .
When I saw it was on this morning, I clicked on enter.

I have this on my screen:

Operations are in progress. Please wait. The machine will be turned ff automatically after the operations a re completed.

I see a spinning circle to the left of this message too. I left it alone, then turned off the PC. When I turned it back on, I have the same message. It has been like this for an hour now.

What should I do?
What is this, and what caused it?

I REALLY need help please!

Thank you,

Hi

Have you tried to get it to boot into Safe Mode?

Start the Boot Process and hit F8 repeatedly until you get a message that offers boot options.

Repair Your Computer

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Enable Boot Logging
Enable low-resolution video (640x480)
Last Known Good Configuration (advanced)
Directory Services Restore Mode
Debugging Mode
Disable automatic restart on system failure
Disable Driver Signature Enforcement

Start Windows Normally

Chances are that if you can get it to boot into safe mode it will restart normally after that.

If that doesn't work try again and click on Repair Your Computer and see if Windows can sort it out.

It sounds like it got stuck doing a Windows update.
I guess the reason I never leave my computer on at night is because I don't want it doing things behind my back. LOL

If it won't boot into safe mode and repair doesn't work, come back and let us know.

Mike

Ps. If you can get it to boot into safe mode, it might be a good idea to run Malwarebytes while you are there.

Thank you so much for the quick reply. I am saving your post just incase it happens again. After many tries F8 finally worked.
Not sure what steps I did right now, but I got into Safe Mode and navigated to System Restore. Ran it for yesterday's date. Seems all is Ok now. I checked the Windows Update History just now, it shows an Update to Microsoft Essentials done yesterday and today. That surprises me because I have always had Updates set to download, but not install automatically?

Shall I forget about this now and go on?

Thank you again, so very much tor all your help! I appreciate it so much!

Back