Windows 8 Cannot install win 8 iso

1max2

I downloaded win 8 iso and burnt it to a dvd, went into bios and selected boot from cd/dvd. It starts (loading files......) loads twice, then screen goes blank. Left it for 3+ hours screen still blank.

Re-started pc, (I have Vista Home Premium) inserted iso disc, run setup.exe, hit install now, setup is copying temporary files, setup is starting, recommends go online to install updates click recommend, searching for updates, been searching for updates for 3+ hours.

I would like to try win 8 for a couple of weeks to see if I like it, if I do like it I would want to buy a product key.

Pc is Dell 3000, 2.80GHz cpu, 1 GB ram, 32 bit OS, 68 gb free space. This pc does not have USB option in bios.

Hope you can help me install win 8?

Best regards,

Sounds like your running a pretty old machine which might not run under Windows 8/8.1. Find your support page at Dell and it should be able to tell you what the system will run. I did have a look and it seems support ended with Windows XP:
Support for Dimension 3000 | Dell US

You would be better off getting a more recent machine or sticking with Vista imo..

Thanks for the reply.
I looked at the specs for 8/8.1, the old machine should run them!!!. Over the weekend I wiped the hhd clean. I tried the win 8 dvd again but it did the same thing just loaded the files and nothing else.
Yes I might have to upgrade.

Hmm... What about the install DVD?

How fast did you burn the iso? Anything over 4x is too fast and will need burning at the lower speed.

Where did you get the Windows 8 install iso?

You need to use third part app to burn iso, i recommended ashampo burning studio, and you need to download windows 8 home edition, 32 bit, it will work well on your machine...

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

Burnt it on win 7 (burn to disc). Got the iso file from the windows site.
That should be fine..

As our friend above posts have you tried 32bit or 64?

Is anything plugged in other than keyboard and mouse? If so please remove.

You need to use third part app to burn iso, i recommended ashampo burning studio, and you need to download windows 8 home edition, 32 bit, it will work well on your machine...

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk
Thanks for replying.
I will try what you mention.

I doubt using a different disk burning app will change anything but it's always worth a try I suppose..

Is there a particular reason you want Windows 8?

As you were already running vista then win 7 might install for you but I have a feeling windows 8 is just a bit too far. I mean why would you want to install win 8 anyway as you basically have nil driver support.

I have windows 7 on my old laptop, so I thought I would give windows 8 a try. If I liked it I would buy a product key.

The evaluation download from ms doesn't seem to want to work on the wiped hard drive. Saying that I could not get it to work when vista was installed.

I was wondering if the actual trial had expired but on reflection i doubt it. Can you post the link you got the Windows 8 iso from and i'll check it out.
Thanks.. :)

Try Windows 8.1 Enterprise | TechNet Evaluation Center

That's the link from the web page.
I phoned Microsoft and explained to the the lady I was having trouble downloading the trial version, only to be told they do not give technical help with trial versions!!!

Speaking to the lady from Microsoft was an ordeal. First she was so faint I could only just make out what she was saying in her broken English, she spoke so fast I think it must have been a good 5 mins before she adjusted her mike and slowed down her speech.

Back