Windows 8 Cannot install windows 8.1 on new hdd

chinni

Hey guys,

I bought a new HDD for my HP Pavilion 15-n096sa but I keep getting errors like "Windows could not format a partition drive on disk 0. The error occured while preparing the partition selected for installation.Error code 0x80070057". Does anyone have any ideas?

Cheers.

When you start the installer select Custom (Advanced). If you see any existing partitions select each one and click delete until the drive is empty, then select the disk and click New and continue on.

When you start the installer select Custom (Advanced). If you see any existing partitions select each one and click delete until the drive is empty, then select the disk and click New and continue on.
I tried that but i got another error: "Windows could not create a partition on disk 0. The error occurred while preparing the partition selected for installation. Error code: 0x8007045D".

45D is
1117 (0x45D)

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Looks like it had trouble communicating to the device. Is this a brand new drive or old drive? Does it have anything on it presently. Windows isn't very good at writing to drives that are encrypted or with other OSes on them such as Linux, OS X. If you know the disc is good, you may need to grab a copy of Hiren boot disc and format the disc with gparted.

45D is
1117 (0x45D)

The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Looks like it had trouble communicating to the device. Is this a brand new drive or old drive? Does it have anything on it presently. Windows isn't very good at writing to drives that are encrypted or with other OSes on them such as Linux, OS X. If you know the disc is good, you may need to grab a copy of Hiren boot disc and format the disc with gparted.
It is a brand new drive and its blank. Could you guide me to making a Hiren boot disc please?

Back