Windows 7 Cannot Save Web page (IE10) only this Win 7 machine

cherrio

Extraordinary Member
On only this Win 7 Ultimate, 64bit machine I cannot save a webpage in any of the three options - webpage complete, Web Archive (Mht), or Web page HTML only. The saves work fine when saving to my C: drive but I save all my personal data on an NAS. When saving to the NAS from this particular machine it shows the progress bar as though it is saving, then flashes up the "This Web Page Could not be saved". The page is there and usually will open but not always and sometimes opening the page takes forever.
I suspect something in the firewall is not set right and I need help on what to look for. When I go into the firewall for the private network I see pages and pages of rules. What rule should I look for specifically to allow web pages to be saved to my private networked NAS? Would it be an incoming or outgoing rule or would both be affected?
My wife has another Win 7 (home premium) which saves web pages to the NAS ok, and I have a Win 8.1 netbook that has no problems saving web pages using IE10.
Any ideas?

Hi,

Probably you are trying to save a encrypted webpage. To overcome this issue, follow the given steps:
  • Open Internet Explorer.
  • Click Tools icon at the top right corner.
  • From the displayed context menu, click Internet options.
  • From the Internet Options box, go to Advanced tab.
  • Once selected, scroll down to Security category, and uncheck Do not save encrypted pages to disk checkbox.
  • Click OK when done.

Hope this helps.

Hi,

Probably you are trying to save a encrypted webpage. To overcome this issue, follow the given steps:
  • Open Internet Explorer.
  • Click Tools icon at the top right corner.
  • From the displayed context menu, click Internet options.
  • From the Internet Options box, go to Advanced tab.
  • Once selected, scroll down to Security category, and uncheck Do not save encrypted pages to disk checkbox.
  • Click OK when done.

Hope this helps.
That box was unchecked already. I welcome any other ideas. It exhibits the same charateristics on any web page, not just the secure pages.

Back