Windows 10 cant add to favorites bar

rkfjr

I am trying to add a site to my favorites bar and it will not add also it will not add to my favorites folder . it works on my other pc. both win10pro any suggestions for this t/you rkjf

Hi

Are you talking about adding to your favorites bar in your browser?

If so what browser are you using?

Mike

Hi

One of the the things I don't like about Edge is how difficult they make adding favorites.

In Chrome or Mozilla Fire Fox all you have to do is drag the address to your shortcuts bar.

In Edge you have to click on the Star Icon, type in the name of the Favorite, select Save In...

"Favorites Bar"

and then click on Save.

If that's what you are doing already then I don't know why it's not working.

Mike

In Edge, if you click on the Favorite icon, a box shows up. If the 'Save in' box says Favorites and If you click on ok, it will store your link there. But Favorites is not the same as Favorites Bar. Change the 'Save in' box to Favorites Bar and it should show up.

For more info about Edge and Favorites, here's a video I just did a few days ago.

Most likely your Edge is busted or infected with virus/malware. First thing to do is to MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP ALL YOUR PERSONAL DATA (LIBRARY FOLDERS) TO EXTERNAL MEDIA BEFORE ATTEMPTING TO FIX IT!

Many viruses attack both the built-in Browsers made by Microsoft. In W10, that's now Edge and IE11. Have you tested your ability to save favorites in IE11? If not, you probably have one of the new designer viruses that go after specifically MS browsers (Edge & IE11). To remove, use whatever your primary AV program installed is on your computer, scan/remove all viruses found. Next, go to malwarebytes.org and download/install the free MALWAREBYTES antispyware virus scanner. Scan/remove all found spyware viruses. Reboot your computer, and retest both your Edge and IE11, if IE11 now works but Edge doesn't, it's a more stubborn virus and you'll need more advanced tools to fix. If however, your Edge now saves favorites correctly, you're fixed and all set to go!!:up:

If this doesn't fix your Edge, try using the built-in SYSTEM RESTORE utility to rollback your window to a point in time when Edge was saving favorites correctly; a couple of weeks or even months might be required to do this. After restore reboots your computer; retest. If Edge now saves favorites correctly, your fixed and all set to go! :up:

If none of these solutions worked, you may have a failed hardware component or simply need to reinstall your W10 using a W10 Clean Install. To perform your own hardware testing, try my Troubleshooting Guide I wrote here: Windows 10 - Unclickable Task Bar
The Guide will produce a positive result if you follow it precisely and don't skip any steps about 90% of the time.

Post back if you're still stuck!
Happy Holidays!:teeth:

<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Hi

Or you could try using Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome as your Brower.
Both are much easier to use than Edge.

Haven't used IE since Windows 95 and while I have Edge set up with all my favorite etc. it's just not as easy to use as Firefox.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom