Windows 10 Can't change a blank start menu Windows 10

Am I missing something really obvious?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

NDRman

I got the previews and was doing fine until I got a preview which broke my sound so I naturally rolled back, however when I did, my start menu was empty and I can't add anything

Ly3N5eK.png

I tried changing the settings and can bring back the stuff like recent apps but I can't bring back options that are above the power button like settings or the file explorer button, but they are all greyed out. Am I doing something wrong or is it hidden in the settings or something?

I have a feeling I'm missing something really obvious since I can't find anyone else having these problems.

Last edited:
No but I've done an update and I still can't select anything and I'm currently on version KB3093266, thanks for a quick reply.

No but I've done an update and I still can't select anything and I'm currently on version KB3093266, thanks for a quick reply.
Hmm... Well that's a cumulative update for Windows 10. I meant which version of windows 10 are you using? The RTM or an insider preview version? In any case I still would recommend doing a reset. If you can't get to the settings whilst win 10 is running then reboot and once you get to the lock screen (where you input your password) look for the button to reboot (usually up on the right or bottom right). Press the shift key and then press the button to reboot and this should get you into the recovery console.

In your picture. Can you select the first two items to "on". That is the default.

Hmm... Well that's a cumulative update for Windows 10. I meant which version of windows 10 are you using? The RTM or an insider preview version? In any case I still would recommend doing a reset. If you can't get to the settings whilst win 10 is running then reboot and once you get to the lock screen (where you input your password) look for the button to reboot (usually up on the right or bottom right). Press the shift key and then press the button to reboot and this should get you into the recovery console.

I was using a preview, my start menu was fine but I was lagging a bit so I turned off previews and rolled back to the RTM and then this happened

Back
Top Bottom