Windows 7 Can't create new folder.

Completed your instructions, worked after reboot. Thank You so much for your help!

Thank you Mitchell,

The attachment worked!

Mike,

I am not a "techy" - so...when I click on the .zip file I have an option to "open" (instead of save as). When I do this and click on the file I get a message that the "improper merges can cause damage....." I just want to be sure that this is OK.

Thanks

Hi

I always save them to a Downloads folder first and then use an unzip program to open them, 7-zip works fine, that's what I'm using too.

I'm not sure about the message you get, I haven't seen that myself but it probably has something to do with merging compressed files.
Once you set 7-zip as the default, you won't have to think about it when you click on a file it will open it.

Mike

It doesn't matter whether the download is saved or not. The important thing is adding it to the registry.

Mitchell_A: THANK YOU!! I have tried many fixes and came across yours and it worked for me. Thank you very much. My next new folder will be in your honor. Seriously, thank you.

Mitchell, I download and run and it just opens up my notepad and nothing else. I am not a computer guy so what am I missing.

Thanks!