Windows 7 Can't create new folder.

Such problems are usually caused by corrupted or missing registry keys. If the SFC scan doesn't find and fix the problem automatically for you, you can fix it manually.

Open the start menu and type regedit in the search field. Once you open Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New\ and ensure the "(default)" value is set as "{D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}"

If the value is already set as that, you can download this fix. Just open the reg file contained in the zip archive and the changes will be made automatically.

Fix: View attachment 22844
Completed your instructions, worked after reboot. Thank You so much for your help!

Such problems are usually caused by corrupted or missing registry keys. If the SFC scan doesn't find and fix the problem automatically for you, you can fix it manually.

Open the start menu and type regedit in the search field. Once you open Registry Editor, navigate to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\New\ and ensure the "(default)" value is set as "{D969A300-E7FF-11d0-A93B-00A0C90F2719}"

If the value is already set as that, you can download this fix. Just open the reg file contained in the zip archive and the changes will be made automatically.

Thank you Mitchell,

The attachment worked!

Mike,

I am not a "techy" - so...when I click on the .zip file I have an option to "open" (instead of save as). When I do this and click on the file I get a message that the "improper merges can cause damage....." I just want to be sure that this is OK.

Thanks

Hi

I always save them to a Downloads folder first and then use an unzip program to open them, 7-zip works fine, that's what I'm using too.

I'm not sure about the message you get, I haven't seen that myself but it probably has something to do with merging compressed files.
Once you set 7-zip as the default, you won't have to think about it when you click on a file it will open it.

Mike

Mitchell_A: THANK YOU!! I have tried many fixes and came across yours and it worked for me. Thank you very much. My next new folder will be in your honor. Seriously, thank you.

Mitchell, I download and run and it just opens up my notepad and nothing else. I am not a computer guy so what am I missing.

Thanks!

Back