Can't create new library

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by yoshirocks, Nov 24, 2010.

1. yoshirocks

yoshirocks Senior Member

Hi everyone.
    I was going to create a new library to put certain files in to my Windows Media Player, but when I pressed the new library button in the Libraries folder, nothing happened. What's wrong? I know it worked before.

Yoshirocks

2. Mike

Mike Windows Forum Admin
    Staff Member Premium Supporter

Hi Yoshi,

To create a new Library, simply go to:

Start -> Computer -> Libraries - > Right-click -> New -> Library

The process is as simple as that.

It should be noted that if you are going to use Libraries for your music files in Windows Media Player, you already have a Music library. You can add as many folders throughout your computer, which contain music, to the library as you would like. However, adding additional libraries in Windows should not be a problem.

This is a very unusual problem, which could signify a problem with the registry or your installation. You should begin Windows diagnostics by checking the integrity of your system files and also scanning your registry for errors if the above steps do not work for you.

3. yoshirocks

yoshirocks Senior Member

I just tried that. When I right clicked in the Libraries folder and moused over new, it just says "(Empty)".
    P.S. How can I scan the registry for errors?

I just thought of moving the music that I do want in Windows Media Player into a different folder and adding it to the music library. Still, I would like to know what's wrong.

#3 yoshirocks, Nov 28, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  4. Athlonite

Athlonite New Member

An new Empty Library is what your wanting isn't it once you've created the empty library you can then add file to it

5. yoshirocks

yoshirocks Senior Member

By "Empty", I mean there's nothing there. Still not sure what I mean? Look at the video.

Attached Files:

6. yoshirocks

yoshirocks Senior Member

A few weeks ago I figured out how to get it to work. I opened the Documents library and one of the options on the toolbar right below the menu bar (Not quite sure what it's called) was "Incluse in library". I clicked on it and one of the options was "New Library", so now it's working fine.