Windows 7 Can't create new library

yoshirocks

Hi everyone.
I was going to create a new library to put certain files in to my Windows Media Player, but when I pressed the new library button in the Libraries folder, nothing happened. What's wrong? I know it worked before.

Yoshirocks

Hi Yoshi,

To create a new Library, simply go to:

Start -> Computer -> Libraries - > Right-click -> New -> Library

The process is as simple as that.

It should be noted that if you are going to use Libraries for your music files in Windows Media Player, you already have a Music library. You can add as many folders throughout your computer, which contain music, to the library as you would like. However, adding additional libraries in Windows should not be a problem.

This is a very unusual problem, which could signify a problem with the registry or your installation. You should begin Windows diagnostics by checking the integrity of your system files and also scanning your registry for errors if the above steps do not work for you.

I just tried that. When I right clicked in the Libraries folder and moused over new, it just says "(Empty)".
P.S. How can I scan the registry for errors?

I just thought of moving the music that I do want in Windows Media Player into a different folder and adding it to the music library. Still, I would like to know what's wrong.

Last edited:
An new Empty Library is what your wanting isn't it once you've created the empty library you can then add file to it

By "Empty", I mean there's nothing there. Still not sure what I mean? Look at the video.

Attachments

• Video.zip
    295.5 KB · Views: 318
A few weeks ago I figured out how to get it to work. I opened the Documents library and one of the options on the toolbar right below the menu bar (Not quite sure what it's called) was "Incluse in library". I clicked on it and one of the options was "New Library", so now it's working fine.

Back