Windows 7 Can't find prior version of MS Office for Win 7 install

mkrysak

Just successfully installed Win 7. However, I cannot re-install my MS Office 2007 in Win 7. My prior version is out there on my Maxtor drive however I cannot point to the correct location of the MS Office 2007 software on that drive so that I can re-install on my new Hitachi drive where Win 7 resides. Any ideas??

Mike

Do you not still have the CD/DVD of an earlier version?

Last edited:
prior version issue

Yes, I have an Office 97 CD, I tried it, too, but to no avail.

Mike

My upgrade says Office 2000 or later suite or Office XP suite. How did you install it the first time?

Download the trial. Maybe your key will activate it.

Last edited:
I have the same upgrade as you

I had MS Office 2000 installed at one time. The 1st CD was in bad shape, the and CD I still have. I'll give it a shot. However, I might do your suggestion of the download. Am having problems with installing MS Office 97. It crashes Win 7 along the way. Thanx for the help. I'll figure it out somehow. In the meantime, I'm succesfully using OpenOffice.org 2.3 to edit & print my existing MS docs & spreasheets.

You know you don't have to install a previous office version, just place the CD in the drive when asked--?

If you download, is the download the same as you are using, if not it may not activate.