Windows 7 Can't find prior version of MS Office for Win 7 install

mkrysak

Just successfully installed Win 7. However, I cannot re-install my MS Office 2007 in Win 7. My prior version is out there on my Maxtor drive however I cannot point to the correct location of the MS Office 2007 software on that drive so that I can re-install on my new Hitachi drive where Win 7 resides. Any ideas??

Mike

Do you not still have the CD/DVD of an earlier version?

Last edited:
My upgrade says Office 2000 or later suite or Office XP suite. How did you install it the first time?

Download the trial. Maybe your key will activate it.

Last edited:
I have the same upgrade as you

I had MS Office 2000 installed at one time. The 1st CD was in bad shape, the and CD I still have. I'll give it a shot. However, I might do your suggestion of the download. Am having problems with installing MS Office 97. It crashes Win 7 along the way. Thanx for the help. I'll figure it out somehow. In the meantime, I'm succesfully using OpenOffice.org 2.3 to edit & print my existing MS docs & spreasheets.

You know you don't have to install a previous office version, just place the CD in the drive when asked--?

If you download, is the download the same as you are using, if not it may not activate.

Back