Windows 7 Can't get download

bdball

I finally managed to download the beta software for windows 7.0 but I cannot seem to get a download on the windows 7.0 rc version.
Any help would be appreciated very much.
Again my thanks
Brian

It would help if you gave us a little information. Do you not know where to go for the Microsoft download page? Are you unable for some reason to get through the process? Do you start the download and it terminates unexpectedly? What sort of problem are you having?

Can't get download -reply to patrick

I get to the download page without problem.
I First get to the page where I select "English and 64 bit". Then I sign in .Then I get to the page with a serial #.
Then get to the actual download page.
Then nothing happens.... I have tried refresh about 100 times and have also sat at that site for 3 days on two ocassions and still nothing happens.

Thanks for your help Patrick
Best Regards
Brian

Well, I'm running Windows7 RC1 64bit with Windows Explorer 8 and I just went through the process and it seems to be downloading just fine. So, I don't have a clue. If it were me, I'd probably contact my ISP and see if they have any ideas because I can't imagine anything on your end that would stop it and Microsoft's servers are sending it out.

I do get to download page

Information to ALL
I do get to download page without difficulty.
The download never starts. I have tried this from this server and also via a laptop with the same result.

Many thanks for all replies.
Brian

Last edited:
Information to ALL
I do get to download page without difficulty.
The download never starts. I have tried this from this server and also via a laptop with the same result.

Many thanks for all replies.
Brian

I had the same problem as you when I went to download the RC. Rightclick this link and choose copy link location and then paste it into your browsers address bar. It will not work if you just click it. This is a link from Microsoft that takes you straight to the iso and bypass all the sign in pages. The download should start straight away using Windows default download manager.

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Tried it ...no work

Used the web site and got to the same place I was before....
Deleted the web address after copying and then pasted it in
Still not working...no download.

Thanks anyway for your efforts
Regards
Brian

Used the web site and got to the same place I was before....
Deleted the web address after copying and then pasted it in
Still not working...no download.

Thanks anyway for your efforts
Regards
Brian

If you are using IE8 the option when you rightclick will be copy shortcut rather than copy link location as for Firefox. Clicking the link will not work, it will only take you back to that same page. You have to paste the shortcut into the address bar.

Unable to download ... Internet Xplorer 64 bit

The problem I was having was a result of Internet Explorer 64 bit.
When I installed Firefox all went as expected and the download started immediately.
Repeated trys with Internet Explorer did not give me a download!
Microsoft needs to check this!!!

Regards
Brian

Back
Top Bottom