Windows 7 Can't install 2 important updates on Windows 7 Ultimate x64

cor-master

This problem has driven me crazy and while I've googled and googled for an answer, I've come up dry everytime. Everytime I try to install these 2 upates they fail. Here are the 2 updates:

Update for Windows 7 for x64 based Systems (KB974431)
Error Code: 80073712

Update for Internet Explorer 8 for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB974455)
Error Code: 800B0100

They fail everytime. Every other update I've tried to install but these will not work. And now theres yet another update for IE and it won't install because the other one isn't installed. Any soloutions? Thanks in advance

I guess I should of mentioned I did try to install them manually, with no success. Thanks for the advice though, have any more suggestions?

An outside possibility is that your installation may have already been compromised. Run a full anti virus/anti malware scan first.

I remember something about do a flush of some folder concerning updates when this happens but cannot remember what you flush/delete also try deleting all your temp files. maybe this can point you in the right direction.

I"m starting to ponder whether or not my installation of 7 is just corrupt. I haven't had any issues while using it, but I can't get those 2 updates to install, and I'm having that memory issue where I've had to remove one of my sticks to get it to work. I find it an odd issue since Windows XP x64 edition worked just fine with 4 sticks. Installation didn't go so smooth honestly. I got constant bluescreens and had to keep removing hardware until I could get it to complete. I'm wondering if maybe I try to install 7 again, this time with only 2GB of memory, no video card, and no sound card plugged in (yes my board has onboard video), maybe it'll fix both my problems.

I have 13 ctitical updates for windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit which get the same error code 800BO0100. I have wiped and reinstalled the OS twice now. Each time I get the same 13 updates with errors. 1 update, KB978601, locks my PC up and the boot sector gets destroyed forcing me to wipe and reinstall all over again.

I've installed with only 2GB of RAM and even taken off all attached devices (mouse, headset, etc). The MSI N460GTX Cyclone 1GD5 video card doesn't get detected automatically and windows installs a standard VGA driver which works, but when I did elect to install the driver and rebooted my PC booted up to the login windows screen and then went blackish gray.

I have never in my life had such problems with an OS. I even changed my update options to "download but let me choose to install" and yet it still installs updates at shutdown. I am now watching it try to install 57 updates at one go.

Ok, a clean install with all peripherals unplugged and the original 2 x 1GB of DDR2 557Mhz RAM seems to have worked. All updates installed even the video driver. Now working on installing a language pack.

Last edited:
Back