Windows 10 can't install outlook- wants windows pw

rogerdc

recently upgraded from win 7 to win 10 (free)
after clicking on outlook as the account i want to install, i get a screen "add your microsoft account". this screen wants my credentials (email & pw) for my microsoft acct. i comply and click "sign in" and get another screen "sign in to this device using your microsoft account ? " this screen asks for my windows pw. have no idea as to what it wants as this pc is set up to NOT require a login pw. it also says " if you don't have a win pw, just leave the box blank and click next". this doesn't work either. you get an error msg saying that the pw is incorrect. can't go any further installing outlook.

any help app.

this pc is set up to NOT require a login pw.
Thats not normal. wx always wants a pw but you can set it to auto put that pw in.

"sign in to this device using your microsoft account ? " this screen asks for my windows pw
The microsoft id (email & pw) is what it is asking for so that you can TRUST this machine... only do this if you use that machine a lot.

Hi

As ussnorway said, at some point it had you set up a Microsoft account, or you don't have the install authenticated.
Check to make sure that it has been and then try and log into you Microsoft account online.

Sign in to your Microsoft account

Once you are sure that you have the correct credentials try again.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom