Windows 7 Can't Install WinBubble on Windows 7 64-bit

Re: WinBubble Freeware Tweaking Utility

Cannot get it to install on Win7 64x

Which program are you attempting to install?

It would be best to start a new thread under "Windows 7 Support" with details related to the problem and the program name.

Re: Freeware Tweaking Tools

Which program are you attempting to install?

It would be best to start a new thread under "Windows 7 Support" with details related to the problem and the program name.
Well my reply is under a HUGE heading that says
Re: WinBubble Freeware Tweaking Utility.

That is the program I am referring to, and that is the program that won't install under Win 64x.
And I don't see why it would be best to start a new thread under "Windows 7 Support" because there is nothing wrong with my installation of Windows 7

Well my reply is under a HUGE heading that says
Re: WinBubble Freeware Tweaking Utility.

That is the program I am referring to, and that is the program that won't install under Win 64x.
And I don't see why it would be best to start a new thread under "Windows 7 Support" because there is nothing wrong with my installation of Windows 7

I never stated anything was wrong with your installation.

The thread where you posted is for people to post about great freeware utilities they've found, not to ask questions/get help with these programs.
I suggested Windows 7 Support because as a moderator and the public relations manager, I can tell you that posting there instead of this thread (or any other sub-forum, really) will get you more replies.

These posts have been moved to a new thread.
It's really an issue of house cleaning and getting users the fastest replies possible.

Last edited:

Do you receive any error code or other information when attempting to install?

I never stated anything was wrong with your installation.

The thread where you posted is for people to post about great freeware utilities they've found, not to ask questions/get help with these programs.
I suggested Windows 7 Support because as a moderator and the public relations manager, I can tell you that posting there instead of this thread (or any other sub-forum, really) will get you more replies.

These posts have been moved to a new thread.
It's really an issue of house cleaning and getting users the fastest replies possible.
Who asked a question or tried to get help Link Removed due to 404 ErrorLink Removed due to 404 Error?
NOT ME!

I just made a statement which said :Cannot get it to install on Win7 64x which you can't.
That is not a Question or asking for help now is it? No it isn't!!
So stop making up non existent nonsense that in reality just show that you have either a good imagination or an inability to read posts correctly.
So there was no need to move this post because of what I said now was there? No there wasn't .
You just did it to keep the WinBubble boys happy so there where no negative comments in their WinBubble section.
Who cares what you do anyway, I don't need this forum, I only came for a look and if you can't work windows out for yourself you might as well not use it.

Cannot get it to install on Win7 64x

The problem is with the WinBubbles installer which seems to be a Win32 version. To get WinBubbles working on a 64 bit OS you can try the following:

1. Download WinBubbles 2.0.3.7 (version 2 build 3 revision 7) from here.
2. Unzip the WinBubble2037.zip file and open the resultant WinBubble2037 folder and then open the next WinBubble2037 folder .
3. Ignore the Installer.exe file. Just unzip the WinBubbles.zip file.
4. Open the WinBubbles folder and then move the WinBubble 2 folder to wherever you want WinBubbles to be installed.
5. Run WinBubbles.exe (right click run as administrator).

I know this works because I've just done it on my x64 machine. Funny thing is that I don't remember this problem when I first installed WinBubbles and this method means it is not registered as an installed program. It was registered before because I used windows to uninstall WinBubbles when I was trying to find out what your problem was.

Also be aware that you will probably get an error pop-up [Error: Conversion from string "" to type 'Double' is not valid] when Applying some changes. This is followed by a message saying the settings have been applied and the changes seem to work - all very odd and I don't remember those messages from before either.

Last edited:

Who asked a question or tried to get help Link Removed due to 404 ErrorLink Removed due to 404 Error?
NOT ME!

I just made a statement which said :Cannot get it to install on Win7 64x which you can't.
That is not a Question or asking for help now is it? No it isn't!!
So stop making up non existent nonsense that in reality just show that you have either a good imagination or an inability to read posts correctly.
So there was no need to move this post because of what I said now was there? No there wasn't .
You just did it to keep the WinBubble boys happy so there where no negative comments in their WinBubble section.
Who cares what you do anyway, I don't need this forum, I only came for a look and if you can't work windows out for yourself you might as well not use it.

I apologize for the inconvenience I've caused. Just judging on your orginal post, I assumed you wanted help.
Calling fellow moderators and members "The WinBubble boys" is taken offensively in my eyes. In no way are they associated with any team related to that program.

I guess I need to re-evaluate how users see things. Usually someone posting something related to a problem there are having with something as their first post is an indication they are looking for support. You were making a statement, that's fine.

Would you like your post moved back that thread and have and accept this as a formal apology?

I have had the same problem. I have installed WinBubbles on my machine, but my husbands is a 64x machine and I had it installed and had to reinstall it, but it does not seem to install now! I have been playing with this for days, and I am about ready to scream! I just downloaded the newer version for WinBubbles and will attempt to reinstall it tomorrow. Should I be warned about anything before hand??

To get started, download and extract WinBubble from here.

After downloading and extracting the WinBubble, go into the extracted folder and run the Installer file shown below.

Next, click ‘Install’ to install WinBubble

After installing, double-click it to run.

Begin customizing your environment. After every change, click the ‘Apply’ button to save.

Each area is in a separate tab, to customize Internet Explorer settings’ click ‘IE’ tab. For security, click the ‘Security’ tab and so on.

Remember to always click the ‘Apply’ button to save. Sometimes, you may have to restart your computer for the new settings to apply.

Back