Windows 8 Cant Open Downloaded Files from Websites

dompoma

When ever I try to open a file, I receive the error I have attached. If I view download, right click the file I am trying to open and open it with reader, than it opens correctly. How can I get the file to open correctly without doing the work around?
cant open files.PNG

Try resetting you default programs.
Go here Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Default Programs
Scroll as needed, select "Reader"
Click "Set this program as default"
Click OK.

Not exactly sure why anyone would want to install Adobe Acrobat Reader, when the native reader will likely perform what the OP wants to do. And since Adobe products are becoming overly bloated, if I were going to opt for a third party solution it would likely be something like FoxIt Reader Foxit PDF Reader: The Best Free PDF Reader to Create, Annotate, Form Fill, View, and Print PDFs or Sumatra Download Sumatra PDF - a free reader
But mostly I got a sense that since he mentioned the reader app in his OP, that, that was what he wanted to use.

I prefer to use Foxit reader personally but hey that's just me.. :)

I guess that I have so many Adobe products most of which will create PDF files that I never considered using anything but Acrobat Reader.

It has always worked fine for me, and they did invent it. LOL
I've never had a problem opening a PDF file.

So I guess I'll just stick with it, unless I find a reason to change.

Mike

Back