Windows 10 Can't open Yahoo Mail in Edge Browser

Hermitkrab

Honorable Member
Whenever I try to access Yahoo mail using Edge I get this message "Please reload the page and try again or use another browser". Reloading doesn't help. I have other browsers I can use, but wonder why edge doesn't work with Yahoo mail. Any ideas?

Hi,
If you're using a Yahoo Modified browser, these have several spyware viruses included in them especially if your Browser modifications included installation of the Yahoo Toolbar or Yahoo Search. You can check if those are installed by Right-Clicking on your W10 Start button, and left-click on the PROGRAMS AND FEATURES box which show all apps installed on your computer. If either of those are there, you will need to remove them; but first take a look at this Post I wrote that tells you how to fix your Edge browser: Windows 10 - cant add to favorites bar

Bottom line, is that if your other browsers are working and Edge (or IE11) is broke or both are broke; your W10 has been attacked by viruses/malware in most instances.:waah: And if Edge is broke that's an indicator of Windows10 system file corruption and or Registry corruption which takes much more in-depth troubleshooting to repair. If my fixes in the Post I linked you to above fails to resolve your Edge problem, you are in need of professional help from a licensed Repair Tech such as you can find at Best Buy Geek Squad.

Best of luck,:encouragement:
<<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>>

You can try toggling compatibility mode for the yahoo site and see if that solves your issue.

Hi

For what it's worth I don't feel that the Edge browser is worth the trouble of trying to make it work.
Both Firefox and Chrome are so much easier to use.

Just the process that you have to go to, to create a shortcut on the links bar is enough to deter me.

I don't know why they can't take a clue from other browsers and make it better instead of harder to do everything.

Mike

Firefox and Chrome sucks. I use Vivaldi browser. It works pretty well. It uses a version of chrome and it is fast.

Sent from my NX549J using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies, guys. I don't think the problem is virus-caused, because I had re-installed W10 some time ago because of a different situation and Edge browser behaved the same way from the get go. Scans with Malwarebytes and Bitdefender have revealed no infection.You know, it's not worth being concerned about. I use 3 other browsers (Chrome, Firefox & Opera), so there's no need for Edge.
Neemobeer, I tried your suggestion but couldn't find a way to use compatibility mode. Anyway, it's a moot point now. You guys are always helpful. Thanks again.

Back