Windows 7 Can't play any movies - WMC and WMP both crash!!!

bartoleria

Hi. I didn't found anything about this on the searches, if there is anything, please, redirect me.

The thing is, when trying to play divx movies, both windows media player and media center crash. I have the latest Intel graphic drivers (came through Windows Update) and divx drivers installed.

I'm using it on a laptop with a non-working screen conected to my TFT screen, like a Media Center. But with this problem it's kind of pointless.

I would appreciate any help uyou could give me. Thanks.

In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

Five choices
1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3.. Download |MG| SIV (System Information Viewer) 3.36
4. Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

I just located a new Divx version that supports .divx and .mkv HD files.

It has been tested on Windows 7 RC

Link Removed - Invalid URL

To download the tech preview you need to Link Removed - Invalid URL then join the Link Removed - Invalid URL group

If your present codec version is lower than DivX Codec 6.8, you can download that version here:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having the same problem with Windows 7 RTM

I am running Windows 7 RTM (build 7600). I am having the same problem: When I try to play a DVD, both Media Center and Media Player crash. I can watch TV and recorded TV with no problem.

Back