Windows 7 Can't Print and would like to make notification area icons bigger

lloydgarver

I'm new so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong. I just upgraded to windows 7. I can't print. I've downloaded drivers, I've tried two different printers. It printed the test page when I first set things up, but now nothing. It also takes forever to cancel/delete a print job when I click on cancel.

Secondly, is there a way to make the icons in the notification area (system tray) bigger? They sure are tiny,

Thanks -- Lloyd

I'm new so forgive me if I'm doing this wrong. I just upgraded to windows 7. I can't print. I've downloaded drivers, I've tried two different printers. It printed the test page when I first set things up, but now nothing. It also takes forever to cancel/delete a print job when I click on cancel.

Secondly, is there a way to make the icons in the notification area (system tray) bigger? They sure are tiny,

Thanks -- Lloyd
More information is needed Windows 7 version (basic, home premium, pro, ultimate)(32bit 64bit) Printer information, Manufacturer, model, and model number. How are they connected (USB, Parallel Port, Wireless). As far as the icons in the notification area, I don't know of any way to set their size independently, perhaps adjusting your screen resolution might result in an overall more comfortable viewing experience.

On the first, did you use an official installation suite for the printer, or did you allow the OS tp set it up? It can sometimes happen with the latter. You do need the whole installation program, if it is available.
On the second. There is a way, but this will increase the size of all of the text in the OS - maybe not what you desire?
Right click the Desktop - personalize.
Select "Display" (Bottom left)
There you can make your text larger. After you have applied the new setting, you need to log off or reboot, for it to take effect. No problem if you do not like it - just reverse the procedure.

Back