Can't save to C-Drive?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista Help and Support' started by solid71, Aug 31, 2008.

1. solid71

solid71 New Member

Hi All,
    Two issues:
    1. I just got a new Vista PC, and I cannot save a file to the C-drive. I made sure my account has Admin priviledges and that it has Full Control on the C-drive, but still cannot save to the C-Drive.

2. Also, how can I set the PC so that when it reboots, I don't have to enter my password when it has rebooted?
    Thanks !
    Rob

2. davehc

davehc Microsoft MVP
    Premium Supporter Microsoft MVP

Could you give more details for your first question? Which partition is Vista on? From where, or from which OS/partition are you trying to save from, and which OS, is any, do you have on C:
    You second question:
      1. Type in ‘netplwiz’ in the search box after clicking on the start button or press Windows + R and type it. This opens the Advanced User Accounts Menu.
      1. Highlight the account in the users tab that you want to automatically login with and uncheck ‘must enter a username and password to use this computer’
      1. Click on apply afterwards and enter the password from that account twice
      1. Click ok and restart.

3. solid71

solid71 New Member

Thanks. The reboot/password issue is fixed, but I still cannot copy folders from my old PC to my new PC - something about permissions, however, I am full Admin on the new PC !!